How to be the next Ryan Toys Review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toywithtoys

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is about toys and toddlers. I heard that Ryan Toys Review has about 1.9 MM subscribers. How do I get there in a year just like Ryan? Thanks for your secret sauce.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You do all the things that are talked about here and on other YouTube forums and advice columns. Upload quality content, promote it, make sure your descriptions and tags are relevant, work with your viewer base to keep them engaged, etc. It's mostly about hard work and not giving up. Oh, and luck. Luck plays a huge part in whether or not your channel takes off, which is the one thing you can't work into the equation.

toywithtoys

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the great advice. Would you say luck = 20% and hard work = 80%?

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is about toys and toddlers. I heard that Ryan Toys Review has about 1.9 MM subscribers. How do I get there in a year just like Ryan? Thanks for your secret sauce.
Having read the threads they posted in and studied their videos, I don't think there is any 'secret sauce.' They did everything that you read about here well, and did it from virtually day one. The son, Ryan, is VERY charismatic, they always lead their videos with a hook-- watch their most popular video for a great example-- and while they aren't pro editors or videographers, they trim a lot of the fat from videos. Also, although they do some video types that are the same as others do, they do some really different stuff as well. There are a few other little things, but these are the big ones. Kudos to them! An amazing success story.

In sum- make good videos that are interesting to other kids; follow the advice on this forum... be patient.

toywithtoys

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Having read the threads they posted in and studied their videos, I don't think there is any 'secret sauce.' They did everything that you read about here well, and did it from virtually day one. The son, Ryan, is VERY charismatic, they always lead their videos with a hook-- watch their most popular video for a great example-- and while they aren't pro editors or videographers, they trim a lot of the fat from videos. Also, although they do some video types that are the same as others do, they do some really different stuff as well. There are a few other little things, but these are the big ones. Kudos to them! An amazing success story.

In sum- make good videos that are interesting to other kids; follow the advice on this forum... be patient.

Great advice. Thanks. Maybe they put a picture of Ryan's aunt on the thumbnail and she looks hot? Should I put a picture of my aunt on my thumbnail too (she is 80 years old) lol

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great advice. Thanks. Maybe they put a picture of Ryan's aunt on the thumbnail and she looks hot? Should I put a picture of my aunt on my thumbnail too (she is 80 years old) lol
Hey, if you think your aunt will make kids want to click your thumbnails then go for it lol!

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ryan Toys Review were active recently on this forum (if I remember correctly - but I am pretty sure I was chatting with one of the parents). May be they can give you directly an advice or two!

Reactions: JackJack
Status
Not open for further replies.