How to advertise your videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cozzie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello YTTalk i am starting to get back into youtube now getting to work on a couple of videos but i have a question. How can i advertise my videos? like what subreddits should i post to etc. and what tags etc. My channel is gaming and mainly shooters

- Cozzie

(If this is in the wrong section can a staff member move it or somethin ples)

Grass Daddy

Reaction score
Your best bet is to use the same tags related channels use, so YouTube shows you in the related videos sidebar.

All my attempts to grow the channel from outside YouTube has failed. The real power seems to be in YouTube's algorithm picking up your videos and showing to the audience.

My only thought on why.. People who watch videos, are on YouTube already. If someone on Reddit wants to watch videos, they'll goto YouTube. But on Reddit they want text. Same with forums. With lawn care there is a huge forum community and a huge YouTube community but for the most part they don't mix. There is some crossover but video people are on YouTube.

I checked out your channel, you have good tagging on your videos. IMO you just need to get daily videos going. The gaming scene is hard to get into so constant new content is your key. You might want to find your favorite channels that are related, and just copy their tags exactly. Then the algo will see oh this channel over here is the same thing.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
1) Make a Twitter account and tweet about all your new videos
2) Make a Reddit account and find subreddits that are on-topic with your video. Just make sure that your self-advertisement isn't obnoxious like "HEY CHECK OUT MY NEW VIDEO!!!1!", start up a conversation and slip the video into it, making sure it's fitting
3) I think there's a forum for advertising on YTTalk if you have a VIP account

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
1) Make a Twitter account and tweet about all your new videos
2) Make a Reddit account and find subreddits that are on-topic with your video. Just make sure that your self-advertisement isn't obnoxious like "HEY CHECK OUT MY NEW VIDEO!!!1!", start up a conversation and slip the video into it, making sure it's fitting
3) I think there's a forum for advertising on YTTalk if you have a VIP account
Was about to say that!

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello YTTalk i am starting to get back into youtube now getting to work on a couple of videos but i have a question. How can i advertise my videos? like what subreddits should i post to etc. and what tags etc. My channel is gaming and mainly shooters

- Cozzie

(If this is in the wrong section can a staff member move it or somethin ples)
You could advertise your videos on Instagram, Facebook, Yttalk or Twitter. If you want to gain anything for these social networks you need a followers that will watch your videos. As advised above, on Yttalk you can promote your video if you have the VIP account :)

Status
Not open for further replies.