How this is considered a copyright infringement !! How !

Charles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi all,
yesterday i got a strike on a video with the following link:
watch?v=-a7CQ92t7qY
it contains a reporter showing some photos of a singer that are public on the web and NOT INFRINGING ANY RIGHTS.
photos included in the video in these links:
(i removed links due to restrictions )
they are public on the web
the strike claimant said (in the strike info not directly) that because the photos in video are about a singer they are the production company to her songs but no copyright was infringed (seems like they didn't like the content) i applied for counter-notice via web form and to YT copyright e-mail do you think i will get my video restored ?!
another question this the first strike i got for all my channels will my monetization be disabled
thanks in advance
(sry for poor english)

snoopaloop7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not sure what the laws are where you live, but just because it is "public on the web" does not mean you are allowed to use it and monetize it. The reporter probably has the right to show the photos, you however do not have the rights to.

Charles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think i have an idea about the third penality but what about the first can YT disable monetization for it..[DOUBLEPOST=1387131443,1387131335][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure what the laws are where you live, but just because it is "public on the web" does not mean you are allowed to use it and monetize it. The reporter probably has the right to show the photos, you however do not have the rights to.
i agree with you but the claimant didn't have these rights all the matter they dont like the content

snoopaloop7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you only have 1 strike then I don't think they disable monetization on your account

Reactions: Charles

Charles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you only have 1 strike then I don't think they disable monetization on your account
i really hope that snoopaloop7 , but the last few months YT changed their reactions to strikes and world wide blocks i heard many stories. :cautious2:

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You upload footage you steal from TV and other YouTube channels. The only reason you have one strike instead of one per video is dumb luck. Let's hope this changes soon and goodbye.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm sick and tired of the folks who steal and make money on the backs of others being the first ones to complain about monetization issues. No nice words from me...
I suppose. But the guy does seem rather naive about what he's doing and to his knowledge he's just making a video. He wasn't maliciously trying to 'cheat the system'.