How they are monetizing ?

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I see a lot of youtube channels that have a move that is distributed on several videos. For example, this video:
how he is able to monetize for something which is clearly not his?

GrannyGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I am not entirely sure but it's possible the revenue from the ad is not going to the channel owner but going direct to the video owner, if that makes sense. One of my games had a song in it and they started playing ads on it (even though at that time I was not monetised), the money went straight to the company that hit me with a copyright claim. Not sure if that's all worded right as it wasn't a copyright strike against me, actually I didn't even know about the music in the video game as I just thought it was part of the game and fine to have running however that was not the case.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

As Sarah said, I doubt the channel owner is getting the money.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So this is the main opinion he uploads the videos, the adds are running and he is not making any money.

GrannyGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
So this is the main opinion he uploads the videos, the adds are running and he is not making any money.
He may be making money from other videos he has on his channel but using the likes of that one to pull in the audience, no different to advertising. I'm only guessing but it's a clever strategy. I just revisited the channel and see he has reviews... he would be making money from those videos. If you read his banner, it says 'come for the star wars clips, stay for the other stuff I make'

My son did a series from GTA and deliberately left the music in knowing he would not get adsense from it but to show respect to the original artists so not everyone is in for every cent.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes the ad revenue will go to the owner of the copyright claim if they've chosen to allow it, (if they don't then that's when vids get taken down)
I had one video with over 1mil views, with music that isn't my own, so am sure that made the artist a tidy sum ;)

Reactions: GrannyGamer

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
The main problem here is that with the rule changes that happened last year, this channel will eventually be reviewed against the new content guidelines. When this happens he is certain to be removed from the Partner Programme and demonetized, making that video the only monetized unit on his channel, and him getting absolutely nothing from it.

If he is one of the larger channels which was depending on YouTube as either main income or income supplement, it is likely at that point the owner will either abandon the channel in place, or delete it entirely. The attitude of creators these days for the most part, seems to be: "If I can't make money, then I will simply leave".

No one seems to truly want to entertain the viewers any more...sigh.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is simply because Youtube dont give a S..... They want to make money and run as many ads as posible :) Have a nice weekend

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ok...Ok...Ok... the similar question here we have a video:
David Goggins is talking and this channel is monetizing. Does he need to have permission from him in order to use this interview or what?

Also, he has the same video with Joe Rogan:
I really don't get it can someone explain it to me?