How should I make this video and should I use it as my channel trailer

ZDonkulous

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Here the deal. I want to start reviewing games, but I don't want to review recent games. I want to review underrated games on Steam and I want to make a video asking viewers for their recommendations. I know what I want to say in the video, but I'm not sure what to put in the actual video other than a quick time lapse of me looking though a few hundred games on steam. Also I'm not completely sure if I should make it my channel trailer as it will most likely will go over the recommended max time of one minute.

This is a bit of a dream project of mine and I want to do it right. Any and all advice given is greatly appreciated.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Maybe some random gameplay of future games that you'd like to review, or text on a background of what you're saying. That's probably what I'd do.

Reactions: ZDonkulous

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd say yeah, go for the trailer, you can always archive the old one for memories when you make a new one.

Time Lapse of a game library is a good one.
A few random gameplay clips would be good; doesn't have to be showing anything off in terms of skill.
More of a genre showcase.
Possibly even show off some more recognizable indie titles, for the sake of familiarity.

If you're gonna use a time lapse, be sure that the pace of it matches the length of your clips. Nice and smooth.
MAYBE use a transition between those.

I'm guessing you'll voice over the trailer, so that should give you enough to fill the visual slot.

If I can offer anymore help, just lemme know.

Reactions: ZDonkulous