How often?

Lew

Recently, we've started taking on the commitment to posting regular content to our channel on a consistent basis (on Wednesdays and Fridays). So we'll be able to tick the box of predictability soon enough.

My question is, is two videos a week enough to start to see a decent growth in views and subscriptions?

I upload once a week, I haven't seen a ton of growth, but it's only been 5 weeks so I'm hoping it will pick up in a couple of months. I don't think quantity contributes to growth, it's quality, and consistency. So if you feel two videos is satisfying your audience every week, I'd stick with that!

Reactions: Lew
I feel like ''the upload several times a week'' sentiment, is wildly exagerated. Quality > Quantity. Even those YouTubers who got the time for uploading several times a week could easily benefit from only uploading 1 video/week and spending twice the amount of time editing their video.

Might not see same growth as quantity based channels early on, but i'd but my money on channels with patience and quality.

Regardless, either will work - but please dont push content out due to vague statistics if it hurts your passion and quality of your content. :=

Reactions: Lew
Regardless, either will work - but please dont push content out due to vague statistics if it hurts your passion and quality of your content. :=

Absolutely won't. A friend and I share the channel so it's not to difficult to get two videos out each week (one each) so seems like that might be the way to go for now.

I've tried to establish a schedule right from the off in that I upload once a week every Friday at 5pm (GMT) for 18 weeks then I take a week out...that allows me to bookmark each set of videos into a "Season" and it gives me a week off to work on getting more content out the door ready for the start of the next season. doing this I average 3 seasons of 18 videos every year (Plus I uplaod extras every once in a while when I can which often act as a 2nd upload for the week)

Really I want to try and make a concerted effort to make the shift to uploading twice a week. but the amount of work that goes into turning around my main uploads is currently holding me back a bit...though Im hoping by the end of my first year on youtube (June this year) that i'll be in a good place to make a move on uploading twice a week (Or at least 3 uploads every 2 weeks) :)

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Once a week is fine. You should start with that.

Back