Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How often to upload?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by feyrerm, Feb 10, 2018.

1. feyrerm
    Cash:
    $25
    I do a daily Vlog but I think the schedule is negatively effecting the quality of my content. What schedule do you folks keep. If I reduce the number of videos going up, will it negatively effect engagement if I am consistent with when I do upload? In other words If submit Monday, Wednesday, and Friday instead of daily will this negatively effect engagement on my channel in your experience?

Thanks for the input!

Mike

2. Boris Qs
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $106
    That's a topic that many are debating on but I think whatever you do it is important to rank the videos . Uploading everyday will let the search engines (YT SEO) favour your channel more...but that can be overwhelming to your dedicated viewers.

I think uploading with some intervals will not only be good to your viewers it will also give the video enough time to accumulate views and watchtime which will lead to the video ranking well and by ranking the video you will be getting consistent views just my experience

vMinti likes this.
  3. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $311
    If uploading less often will increase the quality of your vlogs, then I don´t mind that you upload less often. I guess most people will go for quality instead of quantity.
    It also depends what suits your personal life as well, if you have the time to upload daily without affecting the quality then you could do it!

4. UhoohExtra
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $0
    Gets asked a lot that one I notice. I sure someone else will give a more informed answer. But I don't think theres a point to having a youtube channel if your going to be dictated to about when and how often you upload.. that's a bit oppressive for creative peoples you think? And if your scheduling stuff to be published at a future date ain't we giving them yesterdays news? My attitude is 'do what the hell the want', that way any subs or engagement is genuine appreciation of work that You wanted to make, not what you thought you should make. Nice channel intro!

5. Munchito696
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $57
    One of the only channels I look forward to weekly uploads 3 times a week. The people who upload daily or multiple times a day kind of clog my subscriber feed. Some of my favorite channels upload rarely, so when I see them pop up I HAVE to watch their video. I haven't uploaded in like 6 months or something. I have some footage I just need to edit and add music to but I've been lazy. I also have an idea that may just go viral because I haven't seen it done yet. Basically upload when you have something good; if you can produce awesome stuff every day, upload every day. If doing this makes your content turn to crap, cut back on the speed. Some people take weeks to do videos and you can tell they put time into it.

6. Farley Productions
    Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
    Cash:
    $343
    I agree with @TheSwedishTraveler. If uploading daily decreases the quality of the work then I'd also be much happier to you only uploading 2-3 times a week. Then perhaps on a really good month there will be a week where you can upload daily, depending on your time and the content. But as long as you maintain your consistency I think you'll be just fine. =]

TheSwedishTraveler likes this.
  7. TheSwedishTraveler
    Cash:
    $311
    Which is why I haven´t seen you in a while! Welcome back!

8. feyrerm
    Cash:
    $25
    Thanks! I appreciate the input!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 10, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 10, 2018 ---
    This is really good input. I have seen so may people say that the key is more content if you are trying to grow. I hadn't though about the clogging up peoples feed idea. I just want to grow my channel so I feel like someone is actually watching. Sometimes the sub game is really discouraging. Going a week without any growth is tough.

9. Munchito696
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $57
    What's up man! Once I start getting OT at my main job I'll have a lot more time; working two jobs is a pain in the a**. As it goes now I may have 1 day off every 14 days until I catch up on credit cards, and some of these days will go from 6 AM to 8 PM. The struggle is real!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 13, 2018 ---
    I have deleted some people I'm subbed to that have millions of subs because they got annoying. Dave Firth is a good example of somebody I'm still subbed to that rarely posts videos, but every time he posts I jump right into it. Some of the dog channels I used to watch post too much so I unsubbed because it was just filling my feed up to the point I couldn't sort through it. Like I said, if you make something good every day, I'd watch it. If you start clogging my feed with "filler" material I will unsub in a heartbeat.

10. TheSwedishTraveler
    Cash:
    $311
    I thought I had it rough, by combining school and work!