How often should I post

SoldierAlex

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hey, just checked out channel. Most people are subscribed to 30+ people and with your content, they won't be able to watch all of these channels and will eventually opt for the shorter, entertaining videos. I'd suggest cutting down on the video time as well as uploading less often. I used to upload the same way, 20 minute videos and was silent in some parts. You have to post something you know you'd be willing to sit down and watch for yourself.

Last edited:

cheekers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have done thorough research on the algorithms and I know you need at least 10 minute videos once a day if you want to get anywhere that much I know is a fact just from the numbers it's plain and simple[DOUBLEPOST=1486160279,1486160200][/DOUBLEPOST]I do also know that I need to cut down on my video time 2 like 10 minutes to 15 I've been working on that

SoldierAlex

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I have done thorough research on the algorithms and I know you need at least 10 minute videos once a day if you want to get anywhere that much I know is a fact just from the numbers it's plain and simple[DOUBLEPOST=1486160279,1486160200][/DOUBLEPOST]I do also know that I need to cut down on my video time 2 like 10 minutes to 15 I've been working on that
Ehh, not necessarily. The 10 minute algorithm was changed not too long ago. Although, YouTube didn't flat out say it, it's the reason you started seeing the "YOUTUBE'S BROKEN!1!1!1!" videos. Gaming channels are really falling under compared to all the IRL/Vlog channels. The algorithm is constantly changing and no one knows exactly what it prefers. It's best to stick to your gun and create content you'd want to watch like I originally said.

DoggoMC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Another tip : don't use YouTube shake optimization. It makes your videos look weird.

cheekers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok I kinda wonder about that

David Perez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Realy you can post as much as you can doesnt matterc so get it up

cheekers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I might consider dropping it down to one today but I'll probably keep with the two that way I can keep improving every video I make I learn something pretty much even if I have to grind out the bad stuff now it will be better in the end so I can keep learning and I have a lot of fun doing it my goal is to get better with every video

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As a youtube gamer I post twice a day everyday I can easily keep up with making this many videos and I really enjoy making every one of them but some people have told me this is to much I have based my twice a day schedule off of a youtube that inspired me to start my channel but is this really to much even if I really enjoy posting that much
this is a great question. we were doing 2-3x a week and now we're testing out daily uploads for everyday in February. It's been a lot of fun to post every day and I think it builds a following better, but there's also a downside of people being over-saturated and missing content. I started "Fort Fridays" because we have a large part of our subs that love our Toilet Paper Fort videos and I think this is going to help a lot also in bringing a "series" to the channel people will keep coming back for.

Reactions: cheekers

cheekers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
this is a great question. we were doing 2-3x a week and now we're testing out daily uploads for everyday in February. It's been a lot of fun to post every day and I think it builds a following better, but there's also a downside of people being over-saturated and missing content. I started "Fort Fridays" because we have a large part of our subs that love our Toilet Paper Fort videos and I think this is going to help a lot also in bringing a "series" to the channel people will keep coming back for.
That's not a bad idea I might play more random goofy games during the week and do my more delicate games on the same day between Friday and Saturday so that I'm getting content out there to pick up more people but the loyal one will have a serious they know what day they can watch every week real solid advice

Aaron Mendoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you can make a video daily thats good, but make it good. Don't rush it and make it bad like a 30 second cheat video or something... I posted daily and got to 1k. I slowly drifted and so did my actives. I am trying to grind it back again. This is experience i have.. Just don't post 2+ videos a day some people think that's too much especially if their Subscriptions is blowing up with uploads they are not interested it.