How often do you upload?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi all, I started releasing two videos a week on a Monday and Friday, I have in the last three weeks added a Wednesday as well,
so now I upload three times a week, I think at the moment this is the most I could upload each week.
I make game play videos and with about one and a half hours worth of recorded game play for a 20 minute video it will then take me about
6 - 7 hours to edit and record the commentary, deliver and then upload.
I am sure I will get faster at making videos but at 7 hours a video and making three a week with a full time job,
I feel I am at the max i can do.

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Once a week, when im deprest like now, opnce a month maby.I tried the daily post with next to no success after 2 months straight.[DOUBLEPOST=1523911355,1523911230][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi all, I started releasing two videos a week on a Monday and Friday, I have in the last three weeks added a Wednesday as well,
so now I upload three times a week, I think at the moment this is the most I could upload each week.
I make game play videos and with about one and a half hours worth of recorded game play for a 20 minute video it will then take me about
6 - 7 hours to edit and record the commentary, deliver and then upload.
I am sure I will get faster at making videos but at 7 hours a video and making three a week with a full time job,
I feel I am at the max i can do.
btw u need WAYYYY better thumbnails.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Once a week, when im deprest like now, opnce a month maby.I tried the daily post with next to no success after 2 months straight.[DOUBLEPOST=1523911355,1523911230][/DOUBLEPOST]
btw u need WAYYYY better thumbnails.
Thanks for your reply, that is the main area i am looking at now, I have been making slight changes to my videos but the thumbnails is the one area i just keep drawing a blank i am just not sure what to do to improve, but i am looking into it now, i am also looking to change thumbnails for
videos i already have on youtube. is it worth changing them at all? even if i can

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your reply, that is the main area i am looking at now, I have been making slight changes to my videos but the thumbnails is the one area i just keep drawing a blank i am just not sure what to do to improve, but i am looking into it now, i am also looking to change thumbnails for
videos i already have on youtube. is it worth changing them at all? even if i can
Dotn bust a nut over it, Look up AliA and copy the style. Theres iven "how to do thumbnails like Alia".
He is not a thumbnail god but right now the type he does along side many others is what drives kids to click. Colors need to be exagerated and not look faded/grayish.
Text comes secondary but colors comes first, when creating them think "how much Blue does this mother fu*** kids need to see to like it?"

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dotn bust a nut over it, Look up AliA and copy the style. Theres iven "how to do thumbnails like Alia".
He is not a thumbnail god but right now the type he does along side many others is what drives kids to click. Colors need to be exagerated and not look faded/grayish.
Text comes secondary but colors comes first, when creating them think "how much Blue does this mother fu*** kids need to see to like it?"
Thank for the reply, that is ok i have been thinking about it for a few weeks, and i have just uploaded some new thumbs for my first two series of videos so i hope they are a little better, if you are able a review of the new thumbs would be great just so i know if i am going in the right direction, anyway thanks so much for your help.

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know that many people upload daily, or many times a week. I'm interested to know that the general trend is, since I really post whenever I feel like it :p and I have time to. Are you consistent? How often do you upload? And more important: How long does it take you to make a video?

For me: a very simple and loopy track with few intruments could take 2 days, but for anything else, it could take from 5 days to a week.
I tried to upload as much as I can I upload Monday through Friday I rarely do videos on the weekends storytime videos and music videos My Story Time videos usually take me about 3 hours to make filming takes a few minutes if I don't make a mistake if I do make a mistake it may take a bit extra time and then I go and make the thumbnail and then I put the thumbnail on the video and then I add the title write the description write some tags schedule it to go up usually at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and I'm done my music videos which I have only done two so far take a bit more time because I have to come up with lyrics my first music video took me a day to come up with the lyrics in about a hour to edit and a additional hour to find the beat my second music video took a full week first I came up with lyrics then I filmed it a video and I had some guy at it for me and that took a week

JugratYT

Reaction score
There was a time when I was uploading every second day.. my channel started growing really fast. But then I was sick for 3 weeks... I couldn't play games (I have gaming channel) and when I started making videos again I felt somehow different.. it was like... I changed in those 3 weeks? Somehow the videos I used to make looked really lame to me, so I edited more since then and now I upload mostly 1 or 2 vids a week.. I would like to make more but I'm not the best player ever so it takes sometimes even 5 hours of playing just to have enough material to make 15 minutes long video. lol

Reaction score
I know that many people upload daily, or many times a week. I'm interested to know that the general trend is, since I really post whenever I feel like it :p and I have time to. Are you consistent? How often do you upload? And more important: How long does it take you to make a video?

For me: a very simple and loopy track with few intruments could take 2 days, but for anything else, it could take from 5 days to a week.
Hi. I upload once per week. I believe it's _critical_ to be consistent. YouTube and subscribers want that consistency. All the experts on YouTube say the same.

It takes us about 3 hours, including setup/teardown, to record a toy review. It takes anywhere from 5-7 hours to edit 30-50 mintues down to about 8-12 minutes (but I think we are getting faster). Our kid is super active in after-school activities so there really isn't time for more than once per week.

NintendoAiko

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At the moment daily, because now I have the time for it. I wanted to start a youtube channel for years, but never had the time for it.
Sometimes my partner helps me and I am happy about this, because sometimes I need idea's/advice etc..

HomeBrewHobby

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So far, what I've been doing is whenever I know I'll have 2-3hrs quiet time, I'll record, get changed, record some more, and repeat. Then I'll spend 2-3/days editing and when I do finally upload, I'll have anywhere from 2-6 videos which in schedule of wed and sat.

So I am currently good for another 2 weeks. I really need to record either today or tomorrow some more in order to stay ahead of myself.