How often do you upload?

ALEA freelicencemusic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I know that many people upload daily, or many times a week. I'm interested to know that the general trend is, since I really post whenever I feel like it :p and I have time to. Are you consistent? How often do you upload? And more important: How long does it take you to make a video?

For me: a very simple and loopy track with few intruments could take 2 days, but for anything else, it could take from 5 days to a week.

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me its depends
Mostly I post on the weekends Saturday or Sunday
I can spend one day and work on about 4-5 videos.
Because of work I generally can't get anything done during the week.
Sure there are those rare instances where I become really motivated and have a great idea and I can get right to work on it.
But for me weekends work best like I said I can post anywhere from 1-4 videos just depending on how creative I get.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know that many people upload daily, or many times a week. I'm interested to know that the general trend is, since I really post whenever I feel like it :p and I have time to. Are you consistent? How often do you upload? And more important: How long does it take you to make a video?

For me: a very simple and loopy track with few intruments could take 2 days, but for anything else, it could take from 5 days to a week.
At one point I was uploading 3 times a week but it was taking up way too much time so I've gone down to uploading every Sunday and plan to go to twice a week soon (hopefully).

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I upload 1- 2 times a week. my videos can take 1 full day or 2 full working days to edit and upload. If I didn't have a full time job i would definitely try and do more!

Reactions: Mark Stise

AdrianEscalanteVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
When I make videos I make them when ever I make plans or when ever I go out and do something that I think and other people will think is interesting I prefer quality over quantity but that is just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I try to put up a new video every single week. I shoot for Friday uploads, but its only happened once so far....lol well 2ce if you count this week it was technically uploaded Friday but after processing times after I finished editing. then upload times it wouldn't have gone live till nearly midnight. my views normally tank from midnight to 5am then start picking up again in the morning a mid day peek then evenings from 5pm till midnight are normally my highest peek hours. so I scheduled it to go live at 10am this morning rather than midnight last night. unless I have things fairly ready to go sometimes I cant upload till Sunday evenings.

the amount of time can vary a lot depending on the content of the video. I can spend as little as 10-15 mins filming 30 mins editing to this weeks video I had over 15gb of footage and the camera wasn't even going well over half the time that went into it. then I spent 2 evenings editing and still in the end wasn't that happy with it.

iv got several video's worth of footage ahead at the moment for once, hoping to start getting them into ready to upload state a week or more ahead of time. it would feel great to get a month ahead uploaded and scheduled.

Reactions: MedTerms