How often do you promote?

The Black Mastadonte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys. I had a simple question for you all.

If you're like me, you get antsy in that short period of time where you do not make videos. In that short period of time I think about sharing old videos across the web, self promoting, etc. So I wanted to know, how often do you promote your videos/channel? Do you only share new videos? Do you share your channel ever so often on social media? What platforms do you use and how often do you use them?

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I've moved this to the Strategies and Technique advice forum. :)

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
I promote whenever I can! And while I'm not uploading or creating, I take time to refine my videos (tags, titles, descriptions) to make them more optimal for search results.

Once a day after an upload, I'll go and tweet the link of my new upload for those who might've missed watching it.

The Black Mastadonte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I promote whenever I can! And while I'm not uploading or creating, I take time to refine my videos (tags, titles, descriptions) to make them more optimal for search results.

Once a day after an upload, I'll go and tweet the link of my new upload for those who might've missed watching it.
That makes sense. Thanks for the advice

James Azurin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
I don't do it as often as I should...

On an unrelated note:
Hey, have you seen my channel yet? Oh, you totally should! Yeah, go for it, check it out![DOUBLEPOST=1474475026,1474474973][/DOUBLEPOST]On a more serious note, I totally get antsy when I don't make videos. Often times I'm too overwhelmed by like work and school to promote, but I should get into the habit of it.

What are effective ways you've found promote your channel?

Vaniantor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I try to promote my channel, but it seems like you have to pay to do so. Reddit bans advertising your videos, I tweet but I get nothing, and I've run out of options. How do I promote my channel for free, effectively?

danyatm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
"...how often do you promote?..." - Daily!

tlegacytv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Promoting my animations are pretty hard sometimes. I probably don't do it as often as I should. I just don't want to annoy people by constantly posting links and throwing my content into their faces constantly but it is tempting. I also want to promote my stuff more but I need to find some in between. I mainly use twitter and here in appropriate places. I'm not a huge social media user so I could probably practice on that.

barberhamza97

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just try ro use some good taggs so my video will rank up higher

VictorLight

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i struggle a lot when i post videos and sometimes i feel i just wanna stop cause i'm getting tired, even though i've posted like 17 videos in total xD, now when i don't post videos i don't really promote my own videos but i try to sit and think of something new to make instead of promoting cause mostly promoting old videos is kinda useless as if they got seen by whoever i'm trying to promote to, i've promoted for myself only once and that kinda worked but i'm never doing it again because i think doing something different/newer would help more!