How NOT to promote your channel!

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
Hi there! So I see a lot of people trying to promote their channel or videos, but sometimes they might get too caught up in promotion they may not realize they are being one of those people who come across as an annoying person.

For example, people will promote their channel on facebook, twitter or in comments on videos of popular people. And if you continuously do it, it will get annoying and it will make people not want to watch your videos.

One that mostly puts people off is promoting on big youtubers videos in the comments, I was looking through some of the comments on a video of smosh, and I found about 30 spammed comments that were people promoting their channel. Don't take this the wrong way sometimes if you get lucky it will make the top comments, but usually it makes people mad and also attracts haters and trolls. On the other hand, nothing is particularly wrong with doing this but it isn't the best way to try get promoted, instead of doing this, alot of big youtubers promote people in their videos such as best comment or something. So that is an alternate way of doing it but the down side is that it is difficult this way.

So, to round things up, don't spam, don't constantly promote over a period of time, just do it every once in a while, try getting in contact with other youtubers, there is alot of friendly people willing to promote little youtubers who aren't as big as they are, you can also make new friends on the way too!

I hope this was helpful, I understand that there will be people who disagree and stuff but if so, and have something to say, say something nice, please, no arguments, so bye I guess? :)

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
yeah man there is a line between promotion and spamming thats why when i promote its very spread out not in one area

Reactions: Brodie

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
True dat :D I see many pples do this and i think "WHY?!??!?!?!!?!" :D Hope this helps some pples xD

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm not sure how other channels handle it, but we remove all spam comments as soon as we see them. If we notice that someone is a repeat offender, they get banned. On Twitter, we're a little more tolerant, but if someone tweets the same video to me 10x in 5 hours, the chances that I'll watch that video is pretty much zero.

Exercise common courtesy. Don't do anything that you wouldn't want done on your own channel and social media accounts.