How much $ would you need to make to be a full time YouTuber?

toqchista99

Reaction score
While your earning in this month is good, I would not be too happy about this spike. Seems you made all the money in 3 or 4 days and for the rest nothing? Before quitting my job I would want to see stable numbers daily.

For me, I only want to quit my job if I can reach >10k euro for 3 months in a row.
it is earned about half month;

kids niche, but today i can't reach million views, dont comes views ((( 3 months duration

Anon7906

Reaction score
I'd only consider doing youtube full-time if the amount I earn surpasses the amount I make from my job per month for three consecutive months, so $4K a month.

Seaniccus

Reaction score
If I consistently made between 1.5-3k a month, I could probably make the case to my wife to go into it full time, and it would be worth the risk -- particularly because as a freelance writer, I don't hold regular hours or income already.

Despite having one video break 150k recently (only one, the rest are around two hundred total views lol), I'm nowhere near that. In total I've earned about $70 from YouTube over the past couple years, and have never cashed out.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If I consistently made between 1.5-3k a month, I could probably make the case to my wife to go into it full time, and it would be worth the risk -- particularly because as a freelance writer, I don't hold regular hours or income already.

Despite having one video break 150k recently (only one, the rest are around two hundred total views lol), I'm nowhere near that. In total I've earned about $70 from YouTube over the past couple years, and have never cashed out.
How many subscribers did you get from this video?

MuttonRoller

Reaction score
I'd need to clear over $2000 a month just for expenses, so I'd look at doing YT fulltime if given the chance. The beauty of my shift now is that I work from home and I'm able to edit more in my "downtime" at work lol

Seaniccus

Reaction score
How many subscribers did you get from this video?
In the month since (and with the two follow up videos I did, which did less well but each got about 30k before the most recent videos returned to the low hundreds) my subs have increased by a little over 1000 (so I have about 1400 total), though that hasn't translated to a significantly higher view average per video.

I keep wondering what I could have done to better capatalize on that one shot success, but a single viral video doesn't mean future success.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I keep wondering what I could have done to better capatalize on that one shot success, but a single viral video doesn't mean future success.
The way I see it you should study why it got viral and try to make it happen again on another video. One thing is for sure; the game was brand new.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I guess at least 10 000$ (but not sure). If we are to send at least one of our kids to a good international school here in Japan we may need even more. Good English schools are crazy expensive.

Seaniccus

Reaction score
The way I see it you should study why it got viral and try to make it happen again on another video. One thing is for sure; the game was brand new.
The newness is definitely part of it. Unfortunately, a lot of things that made it do well are hard to replicate specifically. For Nintendo fans, that particular video is emotionally gripping, something that grasps at a kind of closure for the death of an industry icon. Combined with the fact that it was released exactly one week of the most anticipated Zelda game in years, and I knew it was going to do well (though it outperformed my expectations by a good lot). I can maintain good editing and storytelling, but the story of closure and tribute isn't something I can probably do every week.

Still, it's a good example of a kind of video that can hook viewers by making the feel something. Not that I intended to exploit empathy for views - I just found something in The game that made ME feel something and I really wanted to share.

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
You have to calculate how much your expenses are (also hobby's and going out etc) per month and write it on a separate paper. Then you also have to calculate your investments in YouTube gear and divide that by 36, so you can replace that gear in 3 years. Then you have to add that to your monthly expenses. That is the minimum of how much you must earn per month. BUT that's not all, because face it, YouTube isn't a safe bet and it can always screw with its creators so you have to have a saving that you can use to survive for at the least 3 months if you end up unemployed. Best is a year savings because you'll never know when there are emergencies in the future when you are forced to pay a large sum for anything that might happen. Good luck!