How much $ would you need to make to be a full time YouTuber?

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me, I would need around $2,000-3,000 USD per month from YouTube to quit my job and make videos full time.

I'm about to career hop for a giant raise, so that figure will be $3k-4K/month soon enough. What about you?

I'd love to make videos full time, but bills must be paid!

Reactions: Sk Jony

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Roughly around 1-1.5k a month since i am pretty cheap living and can easily find somewhere with cheap rent in the area i am in.

Though we don't monotize since we don't like throwing ad's all over the channel so that might stop us.

(Nothing against people who use ad's just our personal preference.)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In order to go full time id first need to see a regular income over 12 x months of average USD 10'000 a month.
Its too risky for me otherwise.

Reactions: Painter

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I guess I would 3-4k a month, just to afford to travel all the time, while having a decent traveling standard!

Cinnamon Sweet Shoppe

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a personal trainer full time now. It would have to be $3000 per week for me to go full-time on Youtube and even after that, I would still work with my best training clients part-time on the side and around my YT schedule.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For me to quit my job, and be comfortable, i'd need around £2000 a month after tax.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm a personal trainer full time now. It would have to be $3000 per week for me to go full-time on Youtube and even after that, I would still work with my best training clients part-time on the side and around my YT schedule.
My girlfriend is studying to be a personal trainer! If shes making $3,000 a week im buying a ring this weekend!

Reactions: nad

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me to quit I'd need the same as my basic wage of around £4850 a month after tax without any overtime

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Seems too risky to bet everything on Google. Something could change at any moment like the attack from traditional media forcing big brands to stop doing youtube ads. Traditional media is very jealous of Youtube and they will constantly push to bring them down. We could currently pay the bills on youtube earnings only, but it is too volatile to rely on this.