How much time in a day would you actually spend making a video?

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Truthfully from you guys how much time do you actually (this includes scripting, recording, editing) spend on making up your video :)

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
It honestly varies so much from video to video. Sometimes (though admittedly, rarely) I will do one take and be happy with it and spend an hour editing if there isn't too much editing to do. Other times I struggle to get takes I am happy with and keep rerecording. Then it takes a couple of hours or even days before the end product is finished.
Since most of my channel is the music I write it is hard to gauge how long THAT process takes. God, I couldn't even begin...

Last edited:

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Anywhere from 20-30 hours, from scripting to uploading, and even more if I count the researching part, and probably another 6-8 hours on promoting. Hard work being a Youtuber

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
It depends on what type of videos: when I make my vlogs, that's a whole day of filming, and half a day of editing the following day. If I'm making a music video/track, I've gotta write the lyrics, find/make the beat, record then master the track, edit the video and upload. It all depends on what type of video you're making and how much goes into the video!

Mine usually take anywhere from 1-15 hours depending on what it is I am creating!

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
For me, about 30min to an hour to listen to the album and write up notes. 15-30 minutes to record the actual video. 1-2 hours to edit, and my editing isn't even that hard.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Too long, lol. I am trying to learn to take out the camera when it's appropriate to catch footage, instead of just letting the camera roll and having hours of stuff to watch again later.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I make pretty short videos, so I really only spend no more than 15 minutes on filming a 3-5 minute "chat" video. If I'm filming for a vlog like running or hiking, I am filming more because I need more content. And a lot of content in a short amount of time at that. I spend about an hour filming when I'm vlogging if it's a 5-10 minute video. I don't have any experience in making longer videos, but I would image it would be the same process, only many more hours of filming. You don't need a lot of time to put out high-quality videos every month, week or day. Practice makes perfect.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My videos generally take 30 minutes to record typically, and 2-3 hours to edit... My arts series takes days sometimes, since they consists of speed edits of my artworks and those recordings take days or weeks.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on the video, what I have going on, how I'm feeling, etc. I've spent all day working on content and sometimes just a few hours. Some videos I do, I have hours of footage (investigations usually), and others I'll have less than ten minutes of footage.