How much time do you spend on creating for youtube?

ASMRher

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm just wondering how much time do you all spend creating content for youtube on a weekly basis?
I feel that I can only spend about 20 hours on youtube per week, but it feels not enough if I really want to create certain content like roleplay.

What about you guys? Does more time spend on creating vids, actually convert to more views?

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I spend around 20+ hours on making videos every week, sometimes 25 if I am really excited about a new project.

Reactions: ASMRher

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
20 a week is pretty good. You can do a lot in 20 hours a week if you are efficient.
Right now we spend maybe 4 hours a week shooting the videos. I spend about 8 hours a week editing and uploading and making thumbnails. The rest of the time is spent on research, writing, planning, procuring items, social media, etc.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does more time spend on creating vids, actually convert to more views?
No there is NO gurantee that 20 hours a week will convert to more views (or 100 hours for that matter:)) I often spend more than 20 hours on one video (all from getting an idea to scripting and making the animation). It is hard to get views, especially in the beginning but once you get the ball rolling it should get easier:) Hopefully

InTheDogHouse

Building unique animal houses.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
With the nature of my jobs, it requires me to work a lot of overtime and long hours each day, so currently as things stand i'm LUCKY if i'm able to create one video per week. As i build everything myself it costs a lot of time and a lot of money to do, so i'd probably say i get about 10 hours a week at most.

It's a huge shame for me because this is something i'm seriously passionate about, and as a result my job is restricting me from creating as much content as i want to which may be slowing my channels growth. I only have 9 videos on 6 months and it does annoy me but that's the way things go :(.

I hope my lack of uploads doesn't put people off subscribing to my channel but i have created a video in the past explaining my situation so if people see it they may be a bit more sympathetic towards me lol.

601Travels

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Videos depend on where I go. It could take me 6 hours to get to my filming destination or longer.. editing doesn't take long, its getting the footage that limits how much and often I can upload.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Same 5-7 hours recording but since its games I like maybe about 3 hours lol, Editing 4-10 depending on how quick the final video is made then maybe 1-3 for youtube processing the most.

WatchMoses

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh wow, reading through everyone's replies I got it easy lol. So I really only spend 2-3 hours per video. Im aiming to upload at least 4 videos a week so its around 8-12 hours. I think this is because I usually do research fairly quick, and my videos are opinionated so its not like I have to stick to a script. Editing takes most of my time, but I've been doing it for 5+ years (editing, not youtube) so my work flow is pretty smooth. The next thing that eats a little time is SEO, im being very tedious with my keywords and tags on YouTube and I spend a lot of time making good thumbnails and getting everything in order.

It gets better! The more you work at it, the faster and more efficient you become!

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah i definitely can't currently devote more than five or six hours a week to youtube, i currently am taking 15 credit hours at college and work three jobs and i just!! don't have as much time for this passion project as i'd like, but i digress. however much time you can take, if you're really serious about it, i would recommend.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I spend a lot of time making my video's but that is a bit offset by everything I make a video about is stuff im doing anyway. so I may spend an extra 30-40 mins on what im doing to record it and then the time to edit the video. iv had some video's I spent maybe a total of 1hour on to record and edit, then say another hour on thumbnail and writing tags description uploading ect. iv had other video's that iv spent 30 hours just recording the video.