HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND EDITING A VIDEO?

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I'm working on one right now, been for editing about 2 hours so far and probably have at least 2-3 more. Then there is no telling if I'll have to do stuff over again which I probably will. Even so its never over 6 hours total.

WesmyGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND EDITING A VIDEO?

I'm pretty green on video making, so it always takes me forever, around 2 hours+, when I made long videos, even more, so yeah, I'm pretty slow. You'd think it wouldn't take me so long since I'm using a very limited software(Windows Live Movie Maker) that can't do much compare to what is out there.

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on the video. If it were one of my short films, probably 2+ hours.

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a tricky question. Generally the time I spend editing the video is at least as long as the video itself because I have to watch it again to see if anything needs to be edited. Then there are the actual edits, finding the right place to cut etc. So I'd say about 1x - 1.5x the length of the original video.

Synctual

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Most of my vids take me a good 15-30 minutes to edit. Sometimes a hour. However, the time my editing takes will probably increase since I'm going to be trying some things.

chillion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
All together, for my content, it takes me on average 4 hours, to do everything from choosing clips to clicking the render button.

BMHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On average it takes about 3 hours.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on the video, usually around 2 to 3 hours but the one from today took me around 4 hours for less then 5 minutes of video...