Votes: 11 42.3%
  • more than 6hours

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

Melinda621

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru
I don't spend a lot of time... granted, I don't do any hard core editing (yet! When I learn more about editing and adding cool effects to my videos, that will def change!)

I record before work and edit when I come home. Editing and uploading takes the most time. I can record for an hour, edit out the awkward/unnessecary parts... and that takes awhile.... and then it takes forever to finalize and upload. So maybe in total, 2-3 hours?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Just buy a used mac. I'm sure you could spend even just 400 and get a decent older model that would work much better than your pc.

I can feel your pain on lagging... and slow a** programs. It's impossible to work with anything like that.

Imovie. Final Cut pro... So much better. Time is money. And even if it costs a little bit to invest into something good... It makes a world of difference... Especially if it makes video quality suffer...

You shouldn't have to be limited by your computer or editing program.
I don't have £400 to spare, unfortunately... It would take me like, a solid 2 years to save that up
I'll just have to find a compromise, I think if I improve my RAM i'd be a lot better off, i hope, since thats all I can afford to do!
BUT the video editing software I use right now might be slow, but it does the job, so I ain't complaining, plus, it's not like I am or am going to be 'big' on youtube, so my quality doesn't rrrreallllyyy matter... ;¬)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'd say I average around 25-30 hours per video; unless I'm doing a let's play or something short. Most of my videos are around 10 minutes in length and I put a lot of thought and pre production into them. I guess my typical breakdown looks something like this:

Planning/script writing: 5-10 hours
filming/dialogue recording: 3-4 hours
Editing: 10-15 hours

That doesn't even include the time it takes to play a game if I'm reviewing/critiquing it.