• more than 6hours

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Depends what recipe I'm filming and what kind of mood I'm in. I cam have a video filmed edited and uploaded in as little as 5 hours.Most of the time though it takes a lot longer. I'll film say on a Thursday after work which takes about 2 to 3 hours. Then I'll either edit on the Thursday or Friday which takes about 3 hours. The. Upload time is usually 2 hours I sometimes also have to take the thumbnail the next day of its dark outside after filming. Night time doesn't produce nice thumbnails lol.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Most of our videos are fairly short, so they take about an hour to film, tops. Depending on how fancy I want to get with editing, it can take another 1-2 hours to edit and then the rendering takes a while.

Since we do 4 videos per week (and one of those videos is a cooking video, which can take several hours to film), it can add up to a bunch of time. I enjoy it, though.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow. That's a long time. Maybe my editing isn't insanely complex. But I could never spend this much time making a video. Time is money!
I think its a mix of I babble a lot in my videos, and also my laptop is vvvvver slow when it comes to exporting the actual footage...

TheRealMello

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator
Editing your videos is something you should never rush, take your time its your child, you wouldnt send your kid to school halve dressed would you.... (Hopedully not lol) the more time you put into it, the less you will worry about later. I can remember so many times when i first started youtube, i would rush just to meet a dead line, and after it went up i wasnt 100% proud of it. So yeah 6 maybe 8 for a 15+ min vid. Ik thats kinda fast but editing is a passion of mine

lifefixx

Reaction score
I think its a mix of I babble a lot in my videos, and also my laptop is vvvvver slow when it comes to exporting the actual footage...
Yeah. Do you use a mac? what program do you use?

Even just imovie, i find handles the workload of skimming through movies and cutting and trimming very good. No lag or performance issues. I used to be a PC guy. Until I tried music production and video editing on a mac.... I'll never go back now.

braixen1264

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My sheet music videos(I transcribe music) take me like 2 hours to edit, and around 6 hours to actually transcribe, give or take a couple hours.
My music compilations take a lot more out of me--my last one took me 30 hours to organize and edit. Rendering it was a whole different story

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

The Dinky Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm still quite new to it but it seems to be taking me 2 to 3 hours, maybe less. I work a ton of hours during the week and have the oddest shift schedule so I'm still working out a routine and working on cutting down the time it takes to make a video, edit and upload. Also my quality could use some work as well. I'm wanting to at least work in 5 uploads a week.

LionWaffles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Here's my time breakdown:

Normally, I have my UAS all ready to go in the car but sometimes I have to charge it.

Charging : 1.5 hours
Driving to scene: 0-5 hours
Recording : .5 hour
Editing : 1 hour
Uploading: (usually in 4K, takes a while lol) 1 hour

In total: 4-9 hours

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah. Do you use a mac? what program do you use?

Even just imovie, i find handles the workload of skimming through movies and cutting and trimming very good. No lag or performance issues. I used to be a PC guy. Until I tried music production and video editing on a mac.... I'll never go back now.
Nope, I can't afford a mac LOL no way.. I use an Acer laptop..
I use VideoPad (which isn't free, but if you download a free trial you can export videos anyway, you just don't get all the features)
I REALLY need a new editing program, but my laptop just can't handle anything, everything is super laggy and dumb and... wow... I need to buy some additional RAM for my laptop.. for real

lifefixx

Reaction score
Nope, I can't afford a mac LOL no way.. I use an Acer laptop..
I use VideoPad (which isn't free, but if you download a free trial you can export videos anyway, you just don't get all the features)
I REALLY need a new editing program, but my laptop just can't handle anything, everything is super laggy and dumb and... wow... I need to buy some additional RAM for my laptop.. for real
Just buy a used mac. I'm sure you could spend even just 400 and get a decent older model that would work much better than your pc.

I can feel your pain on lagging... and slow a** programs. It's impossible to work with anything like that.

Imovie. Final Cut pro... So much better. Time is money. And even if it costs a little bit to invest into something good... It makes a world of difference... Especially if it makes video quality suffer...

You shouldn't have to be limited by your computer or editing program.