Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

how much time do u take to youtube ?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by Michielmarto, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
?

More than

1. more than 2hours

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. more than 6hours

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. SvenInMotion
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $145
    20-40 hours per video so far. Really depends on how much I procrastinate as usual but it def takes at least 20 hours.

2. TheDutchTexan
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $88
    More than 6 hours for me. Every car review video starts out with hours of footage, and it ends up being ~10-15 minutes depending. Multiple camera's, trying to stitch it all together. It is a rat race sometimes! 10 hours easy. My cars and coffee video is about an hour worth of footage from one camera, it is a cakewalk compared to my Car Reviews. Still, the music edit can be pretty intensive and take a while to get right. So I would say 5-10 hours of editing on that one.

3. King Christo
    Cash:
    $45
    I film with my phone, so I usually make short 10min. Videos. With editing I spend 1-2 hours my friend.

4. SmokeySpace
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $64
    I take a good 2-3+ every video but it's all worth it in the end once you get your beautiful new video out

5. JesusGreen
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $77
    Video creation takes 1.5 to 5 hours depending on several things like how long the video is, how quickly I get it recorded (I typically don't script my videos, so sometimes they go well, other times I get interrupted by noises outside, mess up what I'm saying, or just decide to redo a whole section of the video), how much editing needs to be done, etc.

The total time I spend working on my channel is much longer though. Since I started releasing daily videos I've been working on my channel almost all day. When I'm not creating videos I'm responding to comments, or to Twitter DMs, or planning new video ideas, or improving my video SEO, etc. Including the other things I do for my own self improvement (meditation, 4 workouts a week, daily cardio, and reading 10-30 pages a day of whichever self-improvement or business book I'm currently going through) that I treat like work and make mandatory, I'm typically occupied until like 11pm-midnight on weekdays, leaving me just an hour or two to relax before bed.

I usually work into the night on my channel on Thursdays and Fridays so that thankfully means I have most of the weekend completely free.

This week I'm trying something different. I recorded 7 videos on Monday, edited all 7 videos (and released one) on Tuesday, today I'm going to make the remaining 6 thumbnails and title/tag/describe all 6 videos. If all goes well then I'll have a bunch more free time on Thursday and Friday at the expense of having had none the first three days of the week. Seems a good trade off to me, and a way to be more time efficient.

6. Melanie King
    Cash:
    $32
    Hmmmm.... For me (minus the time it takes to write scripts)

Shooting - 30 minutes
    Editing - 4-5 hours (I have a Two Step editing process where First I edit just to get rid of mistakes, then the Next Step is to add music/sound effects/pictures/clips/ect...)
    Export - 1 hour
    Thumbnail - 1 hour

OVERALL:
    7-8 hours

And then afterwards I watch the video all the way through to check and see if their's any mistakes, or things I want to change, and if their is then I have to Re-Edit, and Re-Export, which takes time.

So my ACTUAL Overall is probably:
    8-9 hours

7. SmartTheDumb
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $159
    About 12 seconds to film, 1 minute to edit, 13 hours to render, 0.3 seconds to upload, and a month looking at the view counter.

8. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $272
    Takes me around half an hour per video.

9. ZakDTV
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $9
    For my daily vids I have my time down to 12 hours, I know I will be able to shave more as I get better at presenting because it will save me on edits. Usually about 5 hours research 30min to shoot and the rest is edit thumbs and upload times. I am counting my render and upload times in there even though I usually cook a meal in there or other stuff. Monday is usually a lil longer to shoot photos in front of the green screen for thumbs

10. GhostRSA
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $6
    About 1 - 2 hours for recording, depending on what happens in game. Then double that reviewing the footage making notes and writing down time points for possible edits. Then another 2 hours for editing and rendering.