Votes: 11 42.3%
  • more than 6hours

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

Michielmarto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on how long the video is. But the longest one I've made took months of searching for material about 20 hours of translation, another 10 hours of rewriting then 2 hours for voice 2 hours for scanning and filming and 40 hours to edit. It's hard to keep track though because I have to do it in pieces around my break times.

For a short video it usually takes 8 hours but it depends
Yea true but thats long!

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I spend a lot of time with videos as far as recording & editing goes. The way I look at recording is that for about an hours worth of footage I'll only use about 10 minutes of it in my actual video. So if I record for 2 hours, then I'll take 2+ hours just to edit it to make sure I get the clips I want in the video so I'm pretty much watching myself play the entire game all over again for editing because I want my videos to be good to make sure I get the funny & important parts in the video. I don't like making extremely long video's I try to make sure my video's are no longer than 15-20 minutes since I do gaming, I figured most people aren't going to watch a 45-minute gaming video from start to finish.

Michielmarto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I spend a lot of time with videos as far as recording & editing goes. The way I look at recording is that for about an hours worth of footage I'll only use about 10 minutes of it in my actual video. So if I record for 2 hours, then I'll take 2+ hours just to edit it to make sure I get the clips I want in the video so I'm pretty much watching myself play the entire game all over again for editing because I want my videos to be good to make sure I get the funny & important parts in the video. I don't like making extremely long video's I try to make sure my video's are no longer than 15-20 minutes since I do gaming, I figured most people aren't going to watch a 45-minute gaming video from start to finish.
True but not even 5 from 15 maby if they watch 10 of 15 min mostly ur vid gonne get promoted by yr

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
True but not even 5 from 15 maby if they watch 10 of 15 min mostly ur vid gonne get promoted by yr
Yeah for the gaming community, I feel like you shouldn't have extremely long videos. People just won't sit there and watch it for that long. I mean if you was doing an How To video type deal you can get away with longer videos for sure.

Michielmarto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah for the gaming community, I feel like you shouldn't have extremely long videos. People just won't sit there and watch it for that long. I mean if you was doing an How To video type deal you can get away with longer videos for sure.
Hard to let the viewers getting some kind of feeling that they wanne watch your video

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hard to let the viewers getting some kind of feeling that they wanne watch your video
At least for that long lol thus I try to make mine short. I think the first 5-10 seconds of the video is extremely important to watch retention to you have to grasp then in that short time frame to want them to watch more.

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends cause I like to space out editing time. I'll edit some one day and then some another day. Then there are days when I just wanna get it done so I spend like 3 hours non stop on the video.

Michielmarto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends cause I like to space out editing time. I'll edit some one day and then some another day. Then there are days when I just wanna get it done so I spend like 3 hours non stop on the video.
Oh i mostly film edit and tumb wil take me 6/7 for 5 min vid

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
About 30-45 minutes to record, and 2-4 hours on editing. I don't do *too* much other than junpcuts, overlays and color correction.