how much of your income comes from your residual videos rather then new stuff?

silverwolfer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
So timeframe am thinking on.

How much of your video income percentage comes from folks looking at your backlog, rather then the first 3 day splash new videos get from those that subscribe to you ?

TheHealthyCow

Got Milk?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
60% of my entire channel is suggested videos so I would assume about half my channel views are from backlog.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It has varied over time. Historically we have gotten great performance out of a handful of catalog videos. Some are several years old. However, since last fall we've been seeing more and more of the recent videos getting good views.

Over the last 48 hours for my top 25 view performers:
7 are over a year old.
7 are less than a month old.
11 are between a month and a year old.

It seems to be feast or famine, though. A new video either does great right away, or it gets quickly forgotten. They never come back after doing poorly in the first couple days.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a very small channel, but I have two videos (one about long hair and one a spaghetti sauce recipe) that basically are the only pay I get from my channel. Considering they're both pretty low-skill videos (I did them both early in my YouTube "career"), but I'm happy they keep getting the views.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most of my views/income come from just a few old videos.
I upload every other day and sometimes they do OK but mostly die off within a few days after a handful of my subs have watched them.
I continue to feed the machine though with the hope that YT continues to suggest my 'biggest' vids. (I have 5 vids with each well over 1m views)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That's hard to tell as I have a video put up every day. And if I'm finding the percentage of income my 3 most recent videos got in Analytics, it is going to get less and less each day since the number of videos I have that are older than 3 days will keep increasing.

Can you provide the answer from your channel and suggest how you envisioned finding these values?

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
More than 90% of my revenue comes from videos made before 2017.

Michael Cimicata

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
99.9% of my income comes from residual videos (no exaggeration). But I have a very unique channel setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk