How much is too much when it comes to tags?

TonyTri

Reaction score
Tagging your videos with keywords is just as important as the content of the video itself. My question is how much is too much when it comes to tags? Obviously you want to tag as much as possible in regards to the content of the video. What happens if you tag it with keywords that have nothing to do it? Will you get the Youtube banhammer?

Thanks
Tony

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
never,tags are everything they can make or break a video`s view just make sure not to mistag :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd say only use the important ones relevant to your video.
Also, what you write in your description of the video is equally important as it takes that into account when search results are compiled too.

Reactions: retrotulip

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You never can have too many tags...unless your video is about soccer and you tag something like "seashells" or "belly piercings"

Reactions: Shane.Vultra

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Tagging your videos with keywords is just as important as the content of the video itself. My question is how much is too much when it comes to tags? Obviously you want to tag as much as possible in regards to the content of the video. What happens if you tag it with keywords that have nothing to do it? Will you get the Youtube banhammer?

Thanks
Tony
I find tags can be SO helpful. People can add any tags they want, but the only bad thing that will happen is that you'll get an unrelated audience (for e.g. tagging 'boobs' in a MW3 video) who will neither comment nor subscribe and will lamp you with low viewer retention. Just think of every possible word that relates to your vid -- even use a thesaurus to help (find synonyms of war, if your video is a MW3 video for e.g.) Hope that helps!

Reactions: retrotulip

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find tags can be SO helpful. People can add any tags they want, but the only bad thing that will happen is that you'll get an unrelated audience (for e.g. tagging 'boobs' in a MW3 video) who will neither comment nor subscribe and will lamp you with low viewer retention. Just think of every possible word that relates to your vid -- even use a thesaurus to help (find synonyms of war, if your video is a MW3 video for e.g.) Hope that helps!
Or, like I said, tagging "seashells" and "body piercings" in a soccer video ;)

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
i agree to only use tag words that are related to ur video. u want the ppl who want to watch ur type of video, to find ur video, and want to watch more of u.

DefyTalk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When it comes to tags you should create a set of "standard tags" for your channel that apply to any video you publish. The number of tags isn't important. There is no perfect number of tags, but the tags should be topically accurate and concise. And don't forget to actively update older videos tags when new search trends emerge.