How much do you invest with Adwords?

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
we haven't invested a single $ into promotions yet and have grown to 1,500ish subs since launching the channel in November. My plan is to re-invest a % of the money we make from the channel (eventually). For now, it's just a grind and not worth throwing the cash away without a quicker return.

For now, our best promotion tool is grinding on the SEO for each video. I really need to go back through all of my videos and update the SEO but I just don't have time right now. The ones I've invested time into getting the SEO right I have seen very good results from.

Reactions: Actioncam.nz

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Vlogger
we haven't invested a single $ into promotions yet and have grown to 1,500ish subs since launching the channel in November. My plan is to re-invest a % of the money we make from the channel (eventually). For now, it's just a grind and not worth throwing the cash away without a quicker return.

For now, our best promotion tool is grinding on the SEO for each video. I really need to go back through all of my videos and update the SEO but I just don't have time right now. The ones I've invested time into getting the SEO right I have seen very good results from.
does reinvest means that you spend 100 and you are gonna get 100? How do you do that?

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
does reinvest means that you spend 100 and you are gonna get 100? How do you do that?
No, like with my current business I own/operate I take a percentage of profits to reinvest back into the business. At first it could be close to 100%, but I will probably reinvest like 50% or so at first...I dunno.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
No, like with my current business I own/operate I take a percentage of profits to reinvest back into the business. At first it could be close to 100%, but I will probably reinvest like 50% or so at first...I dunno.
ah ok so , do you invest on YT adwords just by yourself , your money?

Actioncam.nz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ive only recently started using it, just a little bit I've maybe invest 30 - 40 dollars in all. Gets me plenty of views but I hardly ever get any interaction from them. No subs or comments or likes even. I try to target it towards places I think people will like but it doesnt seem to matter.
I find much the same, always a lot of views, even incredibly retentive viewers, you know like they watch the whole thing, but doesn't actually generate likes or followers.
There is a distinct difference between organic and advertised viewers. The advertised like talking, the organic like cinematic shots its weird.

Reactions: sledrunner31

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
I find much the same, always a lot of views, even incredibly retentive viewers, you know like they watch the whole thing, but doesn't actually generate likes or followers.
There is a distinct difference between organic and advertised viewers. The advertised like talking, the organic like cinematic shots its weird.

ok so do you think its good to ads within Adwords?
i tried in the èast a small campaign but ive been able to set every click/view to 0.02 dollars... its not possible to pay less so, its a bit expensive

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup they have increased my average retention time a lot which is nice but I was hoping to get more interaction bang for my buck.

Reactions: Actioncam.nz

Actioncam.nz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yup they have increased my average retention time a lot which is nice but I was hoping to get more interaction bang for my buck.
very interesting to find others find the same.[DOUBLEPOST=1498207323,1498206983][/DOUBLEPOST]
ok so do you think its good to ads within Adwords?
i tried in the èast a small campaign but ive been able to set every click/view to 0.02 dollars... its not possible to pay less so, its a bit expensive
so do you mean, you are setting your bid at 0.02, or your cpm is ending up being 0.02c per view?
Yea i think google adwords is great, but it depends what your return on investment is. if you are making more than you are spending the strategy is working, and you can ramp up your spend infinately. but if your spending more than earning you need to adjust your strategy.
if you are not earning from the campaign, then you need to find a revenue stream from that channel. (but it looks like you have so thats cool)

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
very interesting to find others find the same.[DOUBLEPOST=1498207323,1498206983][/DOUBLEPOST]
so do you mean, you are setting your bid at 0.02, or your cpm is ending up being 0.02c per view?
Yea i think google adwords is great, but it depends what your return on investment is. if you are making more than you are spending the strategy is working, and you can ramp up your spend infinately. but if your spending more than earning you need to adjust your strategy.
if you are not earning from the campaign, then you need to find a revenue stream from that channel. (but it looks like you have so thats cool)

Oh yes man i mean that if you create a Adwords campaign the minimum price for click/view you can set is between 0.02 to 0.05 dollars (2/5 cents) and also in this case you can't achive all audience you want, just increasing a bit your ads price you can achieve a huge amount of new viewers.
But if you want to get money back according with Youtube they said that Youtube pays 1 dollars every 1500 views which means that if you wanna get back just 2 cents you have to get 30 views ... of course they have to earn so, in this scenario what can we do?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This has nothing to with this topic and this might sound weird, but is that a picture of you in your profile picture or a pic of billi joe Armstrong from greenday?