How much commentating do you like in your games?

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
you could talk about stuff that has nothing to do with the game, as long as its interesting.

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd say it really depends on a few factors - what type of game, what your intention is with the video, and what you would have to say.

Games that are very story-focused may do best with little-to-no commentary since you want your viewers to be able to follow the plot easily. However multiplayer games like first person shooters, RTS, MOBAs, etc... aren't usually that interesting to watch just on their own so full commentaries may be best.

Intentions and subject matter are also important. If you are doing a video purely to show off the gameplay mechanics then no commentary could work so your viewers can focus on that, however if you want to discuss certain topics that pertain to what you're showing then a full commentary is nice so that you can try to keep them engaged the entire way through.

Hope that helps.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I prefer minimal commentating, walkthrough style. Explain what's happening in the game, what you are doing, a fun fact if it's interesting and that's it, I am here for the game.