How much commentating do you like in your games?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey friends! When you make your own videos or watch videos, how much commentating do you like to do/hear? Full video? None at all? Somewhere in the middle?

TheILupo

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the type of video. Gaming video I'd personally like commentary all the way through. Watching a game video with no commentary I find very boring...I'd go out and buy it to play the game if I was going to do that

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with @TheILupo . I love watching gameplays with full on commentaries. However, it sometimes annoy me when content creators talk a lot, even though the game's subtitle (for example, the Batman series) is shown below. That leads to me not knowing where to focus more, on the commentary or the game itself

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All the way through, I like to really see the person playing show their personality in their commentary. Even let's play channels (The Good ones at least) the person is always talking to show the viewer what their thinking and trying to do.

listed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have to talk all the way throughout the video, don't matter what you say just talk :)

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I tend to talk all the way though the video and tend to shut up when there is a story that they are talking in the video so that my viewer can hear and see the story :) I mean that is something I like when I watch gaming videos that they stop talking when the characters are talking and there is like voice acting... I tend to reply tot he characters there XD

MintApocalypse

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I prefer constant commentating, with the exception of if an event is going on in the game, for example an important cut scene, I prefer they let that play through with only minimal comment so that I know what's happening if I've never played the game before!

Reactions: Just Ted

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Script/Video Ideas/Planning discussion forum. ^_^

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I love watching full let's plays with great commentary that are like 50-150 episodes long, and every episode is between 15-30 min.

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I typically like to talk during moments where I am exploring, trying to figure something out, fighting for my life, contemplating my life decisions when I THOUGHT I could take on the giant flying robot snake thing. When there is story, cut scenes, dialog, I try to minimize my commentary as much so the viewer can focus on the game.