How many views until a video naturally gains traction

This is the concept of "a crowd attracts a crowd". Once you get over the hump of around 150 views I tend to see quicker growth. It's almost as if your audience begins thinking "oh hey this many people stayed to watch the video I might as well too". Where as if there is a low view count they may discredit the video entirely. I know this is superficial but I only say this because I am guilty of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have videos that get 10, 50, 100 views daily for years after release and those numbers never change

Just because it happens to you doesn't mean it happens to everyone. That is the one thing I can say for sure about Youtube, everyone's experience is different.

I have a video that wasn't doing anything interesting for the last couple of months and got 7,000 views this past weekend.

I have a video with over 100k views that started with less than 100 views in its first 7 days.

Just because it happens to you doesn't mean it happens to everyone. That is the one thing I can say for sure about Youtube, everyone's experience is different.

I have a video that wasn't doing anything interesting for the last couple of months and got 7,000 views this past weekend.

I have a video with over 100k views that started with less than 100 views in its first 7 days.
Ok cool! I hope that happens to everyone!

My videos usually gain more views over time too!

Back