How Many Views Did Your First Video Get?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
my very first youtube video like 10 years ago got like 17k+ views it wasn't a good video but it was kind of a hot topic at the time, I really didn't make it as a youtube video I made it late one night to go along with a online discussion and I needed a place I could upload it to post it so I ended up uploading it to youtube. at the time I didn't care about creating youtube video's I don't think I even checked it for a year. and I looked and was shocked that many people had watched it....lol

sense then I have uploaded the short clip here and there for similar reasons some got almost no views others got 1200 or so.

I got somewhere around 20k channel views without trying or caring. then I decide I want to build a YouTube channel and my first few video's I tried to make for real video's are still under 100 views each. but as I get better my view counts on each video is going up as well.

I guess I just went back and looked and the 17k view one was not my first upload. iv deleted a lot of the old random stuff that didn't have much for views but there's still a lot of my old random uploads on my channel just to have my view count higher I guess. I don't know if my oldest one on my channel is my first upload or not but it has 726 views

iv had some recent uploads where I was trying that fell on there face and others I thought would flop when I uploaded them that are doing alright. I guess I'm still at the point of throwing doodie at the wall and seeing what sticks.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My first video as DarkStarMedia was a Q&A, although it’s no longer online now as the editing and quality was just terrible, haha. Given that I answered several friends’ questions and tagged them, I think I got close to 100 views because most of my friends and family subscribed in that period as well to show support for my silly little channel. I got lucky!

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I guess you could say I got lucky as well. but I never gained any subscribers or when I would they would unsubscribe after a while when I started trying to create actual content. I was at 3 subscribers out of like 20k + views. in less than two months and and 2800 views of working to build real content iv gained 18 subscribers. so its not all just the number of views that you get that you should base your success/failure on

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My first actual upload was an 8 second Call of Duty Black Ops 2 catpure card test that is now private with 14 views. The first public video I uploaded was a Black Ops 2 S&D 4 man ace that has 86 views now. I did have some quick success on my channel but not with CoD.

Your first video doesn't really predict much about how your channel is necessarily going to do in the long term.

Destiny0017

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My first video got 17 views with in a week then 32 withing 2 weeks, I think thats is my highest viewed video cause I usually get around 2-15 views per vid lol

Masters of Kung Food

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The first video I uploaded 6 months ago got about 5k views in like a week or two. It's still my most-viewed video to date so that's why I keep trying to beat it haha.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
My first video is at 200 views for now; however, a video I uploaded a month later got approximately 3000 views in a matter of days. There's no rules on the internet machine, methinks.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My first ever video on my original channel sits at 299 views.
My first video on 'EVO' channel sits at 1'600'00 views.

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
The first video that I posted that was to actually try out YouTube for something more than hosting my videos is the main reason why I'm where I am today. It has 14k views and it took off really well.

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My first ever video was horrifically bad. 14 year old me playing minecraft at like 420p as i had no clue about video production. It was only a few minutes long but somehow managed to get around 80ish views? My old channel got hacked and deleted so i had to start all over again so i will never truly know.