How Many Views and Subscribers did you Have When Your Channel Took Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
TEMP BANNED FOR CONSTANTLY ASKING FOR REVIEWS ALL OVER THE FORUM
Ask people to critique your channel.
I do but anyone rarely responds, and when they do, it's either that they don't know what's wrong and why I aren't growing, or they give critique, which after I fix it, does nothing for the growth of the channel.
Do you watch videos from Roberto Blake, Tim Schmoyer, Derral Eves, Benji and Sean at Video Influencers?
Yes, of course. I pretty much read/watched every single guide out there, but the results are still awful, as you can see.
If you watch vids from these guys and put their tips into action every single time you create a video, you'll grow.
I have been, but I haven't been growing.
Do you use TubeBuddy
Yes I do, but so far I only had one tag that ranked. And it was on the 20th spot.
Don't get disheartened
Like I said before, I don't care a single bit about stuff like that, because it simply doesn't make sense to me how someone can get discouraged by something so pathetic. Here's exactly what I said:

How can you get discouraged by seeing someone else's channel that's doing better than yours. I don't look at someone like IHE and say "oh, he started his channel only a few days before I started mine, yet he's already at 1.6 million subscribers. I guess it's a sign to stop doing YouTube". I mean, how would that even work? Are there people out there who actually get discouraged by something so pathetic? They must be the most fragile people ever.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do but anyone rarely responds, and when they do, it's either that they don't know what's wrong and why I aren't growing, or they give critique, which after I fix it, does nothing for the growth of the channel.

Yes, of course. I pretty much read/watched every single guide out there, but the results are still awful, as you can see.

I have been, but I haven't been growing.

Yes I do, but so far I only had one tag that ranked. And it was on the 20th spot.

Like I said before, I don't care a single bit about stuff like that, because it simply doesn't make sense to me how someone can get discouraged by something so pathetic. Here's exactly what I said:

How can you get discouraged by seeing someone else's channel that's doing better than yours. I don't look at someone like IHE and say "oh, he started his channel only a few days before I started mine, yet he's already at 1.6 million subscribers. I guess it's a sign to stop doing YouTube". I mean, how would that even work? Are there people out there who actually get discouraged by something so pathetic? They must be the most fragile people ever.

Your channel looks like it has a heavy emphasis on Pokemon cards. Who's the best guy in that space? Who has the best channel? I am interested to see the guy in that space pulling in 100,000s of views per video. Just so I can get some context...

I think there is always something to improve. For example, on my channel some of the feedback I've had is that I come across a bit stiff and corporate, I don't break up my "talking head" enough with images or examples / B-roll, oh and I don't do enough tutorial content where I do screen recording. This feedback is so valuable and I have started to put it in action (in my last video) but still not covered all bases yet, but I'll keep creating content until those points are "fixed".

What were your last critiques?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am interested to see the guy in that space pulling in 100,000s of views per video. Just so I can get some context...
I guess the best performing channel right now in terms of Pokemon Cards is:
What were your last critiques?
"I don't know too much about your niche or competition, but I think your videos have great energy and personality. Just stick to it and you will grow."

So nothing that tells me why my channel is doing some extremely abysmally in terms of growth.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess the best performing channel right now in terms of Pokemon Cards is:

"I don't know too much about your niche or competition, but I think your videos have great energy and personality. Just stick to it and you will grow."

So nothing that tells me why my channel is doing some extremely abysmally in terms of growth.
Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it! Links don't work in the forum, what's the name of the top Pokemon card channel? I'll search for it.

Also, how do you promote your channel?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it! Links don't work in the forum, what's the name of the top Pokemon card channel? I'll search for it.
Sorry, forgot that links don't work, that's why it wasn't in the previous message. The channel I was talking about is called Derium's Pokemon. Also remember that Pokemon cards is not the only thing on my channel.
Also, how do you promote your channel?
On Twitter and on forums. None of it works as you can see. In fact the last time someone clicked on a link to one of videos on Twitter was 9 months ago.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry, forgot that links don't work, that's why it wasn't in the previous message. The channel I was talking about is called Derium's Pokemon. Also remember that Pokemon cards is not the only thing on my channel.

On Twitter and on forums. None of it works as you can see. In fact the last time someone clicked on a link to one of videos on Twitter was 9 months ago.
Thanks for sharing that. The few things I can see where you can improve, based my quick watch of "Derium's Pokemon"

1) Camera operation - it looks like you use a lot of auto focus, it makes your videos go blurry if you get too close or too far from the lens. Try manual focus to fix the focal point
2) Audio - videos appear a little quiet in some videos
3) Speak a little slower (I am guilty of this too sometimes) - slowing down and being a bit clearer can help people who's first (or second!) language isn't English
4) Use changes in your tone - (again I am still forcing myself to do this) When you speak, try no to keep a continuous tone. Try to emphasise certain words and add emotion to your speech
5) Branding - Your channel doesn't really brand itself - Your channel banner doesn't have anything to tell me really what you're all about.
6) Maybe show who you are a bit more, even if it's just a picture. That can help with building rapport with people.

Have you tried Reddit to help get your name out there in the Pokemon world? I bet there are a ton of subreddits around Pokemon!

In terms of Twitter, I took a quick look at your timeline: I think you should

post more images as opposed to links to your YouTube
Retweet and quote retweet other peoples content too
get more involved in replying to tweets

and if you have the budget, use a tool called Manage Flitter to see if you can follow people talking about what you do, quite often they follow back!

Hope this helps.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Camera operation - it looks like you use a lot of auto focus, it makes your videos go blurry if you get too close or too far from the lens. Try manual focus to fix the focal point
I do already use only manual focus.
Branding - Your channel doesn't really brand itself - Your channel banner doesn't have anything to tell me really what you're all about.
It does include packs of Pokemon cards, which has to do with what a good chunk of my videos are. What other branding should I feature.
Have you tried Reddit to help get your name out there in the Pokemon world?
Yes I have, but once again, to absolutely no results.
post more images
Whenever I do it doesn't help with anything and they go unnoticed, just like pretty much else on my Twitter. Don't know if it's because it's simply not being displayed anywhere, or if people are simply not interested. It doesn't help that the majority of my measly 91 followers are inactive. The same can be said for my YouTube channel. Despite SEO which should work, videos are not getting viewed a whole lot, and once again I don't know if it's because YouTube is not displaying it a lot, or if they are, and people are simply not clicking on it for whatever reason.
Retweet and quote retweet other peoples content too
Like I said before, nothing like that changes anything, and all of it get's as little attention as everything else.
get more involved in replying to tweets
What tweets?

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do already use only manual focus.

It does include packs of Pokemon cards, which has to do with what a good chunk of my videos are. What other branding should I feature.

Yes I have, but once again, to absolutely no results.

Whenever I do it doesn't help with anything and they go unnoticed, just like pretty much else on my Twitter. Don't know if it's because it's simply not being displayed anywhere, or if people are simply not interested. It doesn't help that the majority of my measly 91 followers are inactive. The same can be said for my YouTube channel. Despite SEO which should work, videos are not getting viewed a whole lot, and once again I don't know if it's because YouTube is not displaying it a lot, or if they are, and people are simply not clicking on it for whatever reason.

Like I said before, nothing like that changes anything, and all of it get's as little attention as everything else.

What tweets?
Not sure what camera operation mode you need to use, but Derium's Pokemon's videos don't blur when he films up close and further away on the table. Just something to consider.

Sorry, I meant replying to tweets other people make about your subject matter (e.g. reply to somebody popular who tweets awesome Pokemon art for example.

I've not seen you quote retweet. Just looked at your timeline.

You have a pack of cards, but you need to say something. e.g. that "Derium's Pokemon" channel says "YouTube's largest Pokemon opening

What do you think?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@VRONA - Once again you turn a thread into your own personal review request. The last time you did this, I told you it was your final warning so you are now temp banned for 2 weeks.

You have received plenty of feedback in the REVIEW forum. Maybe if you thanked people or actually CONTRIBUTE back to this community rather than just constantly ASKING for reviews and TAKING (without ever thanking anyone afterwards), then you'd get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.