How Many Views and Subscribers did you Have When Your Channel Took Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got lucky with a 'gateway' video after 2 years.
First year made 1000 subs
Second year up to 2000 subs
Third year I was at around 60'000 subs
End of my 4th I expect to be around 120'000 subs

My 'gateway' video was nothing special/different but it just went 'viral' for unkown reasons (well the thumbnail was clickbait).

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have some vids that do super duper well with views, but dont bring in new subs, there's still a lot of randomness to it
But at least you get a few videos with good views.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got lucky with a 'gateway' video after 2 years.
First year made 1000 subs
Second year up to 2000 subs
Third year I was at around 60'000 subs
End of my 4th I expect to be around 120'000 subs
You had 2000 subscribers after 2 years? How? I'm only at 205 after 4!

Focus on making better content
And I do however it does nothing. Still stuck with only 205 subscribers and 8.5k views after 4 years.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
“Take off” is such a relative term. Is moving from 10 views a day to 100 taking off
Because comparing yourself to other channels can be discouraging abs make you feel like you’re not gaining anything.
true. Every time I look at a bigger channel I go all Kylo Ren

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
“Take off” is such a relative term. Is moving from 10 views a day to 100 taking off

yeah I stoped comparing myself to bigger channels. Sometimes you have to stop and think that some of those channels existed for a while and that person was once a Small channel just like yours. Everyone has to start from somewhere. Good luck with your YouTube channel!:D

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
yeah I stoped comparing myself to bigger channels. Sometimes you have to stop and think that some of those channels existed for a while and that person was once a Small channel just like yours. Everyone has to start from somewhere. Good luck with your YouTube channel!:D
Ya there’s no way to know what got them there. But often it’s help from someone else and I’d rather not know that as I could never replicate it.

Gotta focus on yourself because no one else will if you don’t first

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ya there’s no way to know what got them there. But often it’s help from someone else and I’d rather not know that as I could never replicate it.

Gotta focus on yourself because no one else will if you don’t first
That’s true!

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It could be. What I mean by "taking off" is simply when you start getting consistent growth, that with times get's even larger. I've been trying to get to that stage for 4 years now.
How is that true? How can you get discouraged by seeing someone else's channel that's doing better than yours. I don't look at someone like IHE and say "oh, he started his channel only a few months before I started mine, yet he's already at 1.6 million subscribers. I guess it's a sign to stop doing YouTube". I mean, how would that even work? Are there people out there who actually get discouraged by something so pathetic? They must be the most fragile people ever.

This actually got me thinking of a new video I should make: Never Use Motivational/Inspirational Quotes.
Sometimes you have to stop and think that some of those channels existed for a while
So has my channel, yet statistics make it look like it was just started last year or something.

Last edited:

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
It could be. What I mean by "taking off" is simply when you start getting consistent growth, that with times get's even larger. I've been trying to get to that stage for 4 years now.

How is that true? How can you get discouraged by seeing someone else's channel that's doing better than yours. I don't look at someone like IHE and say "oh, he started his channel only a few months before I started mine, yet he's already at 1.6 million views. I guess it's a sign to stop doing YouTube". I mean, how would that even work? Are there people out there who actually get discouraged by something so pathetic? They must be the most fragile people ever.

This actually got me thinking of a new video I should make: Never Use Motivational/Inspirational Quotes.

So has my channel, yet statistics make it look like it was just started last year or something.
Well it’s true because I often take my light saber to the wall and hack it until I feel better.

If I ever get to a size where I can help others with shoutouts I’ll make sure to do that

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You had 2000 subscribers after 2 years? How? I'm only at 205 after 4!

And I do however it does nothing. Still stuck with only 205 subscribers and 8.5k views after 4 years.
I have been on YouTube for 4 months and sit at 170 subs as of today, which is a tiny, minuscule channel, however I always log what works for me and what doesn't, and I LOVE harsh criticism :D Ask people to critique your channel.

I have made gains only when I act on criticism and really honed what I am doing. I've recently (in the last week or so) done things to improve my production value, branding, etc. Still not seeing crazy numbers of views or subs, but YouTube is all about tweaking and tactics.

Do you watch videos from Roberto Blake, Tim Schmoyer, Derral Eves, Benji and Sean at Video Influencers? I've invested literally hours watching YouTube tip videos from these guys! If you watch vids from these guys and put their tips into action every single time you create a video, you'll grow.

Do you use TubeBuddy or VidIQ to try and rank tags?

Don't get disheartened :) I'm new at this, but already I can tell, it's all about being able to take feedback, learn and study the platform literally like you're in school, and test new things to get results. Good luck man!

Status
Not open for further replies.