How many videos should you crank out before marketing

the self made nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ive only got three videos ready to upload and was thinking i should wait until i have a good amount uploaded before i start pushing my channel out there. how many videos do u guys think i should have before i start some serious marketing?

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Start now!!

Never too early to start branding yourself and pushing your content to the world! The sooner you present yourself as a successful youtuber, the more successful you'll be!

Too many people are shy when they start and don't use social media to it's full advantage!

Reactions: the self made nerd

BossKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Start now. The biggest thing to grow your channel is getting the name out there. Promote smart, promote everyday, promote asap.

bodaniel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ive often thought of this as well! Definitely think that you should keep pushing and creating as much content as you can (of quality) as everyone loves 'discovering' a youtube channel that has a backlog of great stuff they can watch. That being said, it is also important to get your name out there because you never know which one of your videos might really resonate with a larger audience!

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely as soon as possible! The quicker that you get people hooked onto your content the quicker you can start the snowball process. This is especially important since the beginning rate is always the slowest. Three uploads is more than enough if they are high quality and you've put in effort into them which from your 48 Laws video it looks to be the case.

That's a great book btw. Robert Greene is GOAT writer. Mastery and 50th Law are great and 50th Law is actually my favourite book.

the self made nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely as soon as possible! The quicker that you get people hooked onto your content the quicker you can start the snowball process. This is especially important since the beginning rate is always the slowest. Three uploads is more than enough if they are high quality and you've put in effort into them which from your 48 Laws video it looks to be the case.

That's a great book btw. Robert Greene is GOAT writer. Mastery and 50th Law are great and 50th Law is actually my favourite book.
thanks for the advice and compliments. great to meet another robert greene fan, he is GOAT. youve been great help

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I would wait to do an serious marketing of your channel. Promotion via social media at your current stage is fine, but if you're going to pay to advertise or try to hit various forums, I'd wait until your channel has more videos and a consistent schedule before you invest a major amount of time.

There's two main reasons to wait on promoting your channel. When you're first starting off, your quality may not be quite where you want it to be. Obviously you're always going to improve as you make more videos, but if your channel isn't up to par, promoting it to the masses is just going to show more people that your channel is lacking. Let's say that your three videos are really good. The other reason you don't want to promote too early is lack of content. If I'm interested in your channel from watching one video, I'll click over to your channel and watch a few more. I might even subscribe, but the problem here is that I've watched everything you have to offer. Unless you show up in my sub feed, there's no reason to ever come back to your channel since I've already seen everything.