How many videos have you uploaded this year?

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I have 22 videos that are public and viewable right now for the year. I surprised it's actually such a high number. I am far too busy to have a dedicated release schedule at this point time even though I know how important it is to gain a following. I just can't get it to work with my schedule at this point.

Hopefully in the future I will be able to!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: darkstarmedia

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
From January 1st, 2018 to this very moment reading this, how many uploads have you made this year? How do you think that has affected your numbers?

Mine is 11. I honestly wish I had posted more, but I’m still proud of myself for actually posting something in the first place. Hopefully that number will at least double by the end of this year. I have seen that my most recent animations have gained a lot of traffic, so I definitely think making more of those types of videos (but also finding a balance of quality versus quantity) is a good idea rather than the kind of content I was posting months ago.
Yeah, don't knock 11 - especially if you're doing animations! I have many friends in the art & animation world, so I know just how much time and passion is required to create something in that field. 11 thus far equates to one video every 2.7 weeks, which is really good going.

I've only uploaded 7, but much like yourself I am hoping to improve my average upload rate by the end of the year. My videos require a lot of research and rewriting before I can film them, but I'm getting into more of an easier flow now I've established my style and my niche.
My channel has also very slowly but thankfully started to gain a little traction, so hopefully I can ride that slow-movin' train while it's still going. Best of luck, man!

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I uploaded the most videos while I was working and doing school at the same time. Dog videos are easy most of the time though, it is kind of a point and film half of the time. I think in 2018 I uploaded 2 videos so far. I think I'm over 200 videos but I haven't looked at analytics in a while so I don't remember how to quickly find this.
Wow working and school is my exact setup in a few weeks. This definitely gives me some motivation as to posting during that time. Thanks!

I have 22 videos that are public and viewable right now for the year. I surprised it's actually such a high number. I am far too busy to have a dedicated release schedule at this point time even though I know how important it is to gain a following. I just can't get it to work with my schedule at this point.

Hopefully in the future I will be able to!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I’m sure you will! Consistency is key as many say. Maybe try to make a few of videos and schedule them to release on the same day if each month? Just so you have some sort of scheduled release? It doesn’t have to be super frequent, but at least it’s consistent and you won’t have to worry about it as much.

Of course, making a few videos ahead is easier said than done.

Yeah, don't knock 11 - especially if you're doing animations! I have many friends in the art & animation world, so I know just how much time and passion is required to create something in that field. 11 thus far equates to one video every 2.7 weeks, which is really good going.

I've only uploaded 7, but much like yourself I am hoping to improve my average upload rate by the end of the year. My videos require a lot of research and rewriting before I can film them, but I'm getting into more of an easier flow now I've established my style and my niche.
My channel has also very slowly but thankfully started to gain a little traction, so hopefully I can ride that slow-movin' train while it's still going. Best of luck, man!
Thanks for giving me that perspective. A video every 3 week’s or so actually doesn’t sound too bad, so thank you.

Best of luck to you too! It‘s great that you’re able to get into the flow and rhythm of your work after doing it for a bit. Also, all trains start out slow, but that’s the only way they can pick up speed. You got this!

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wow working and school is my exact setup in a few weeks. This definitely gives me some motivation as to posting during that time. Thanks!

I’m sure you will! Consistency is key as many say. Maybe try to make a few of videos and schedule them to release on the same day if each month? Just so you have some sort of scheduled release? It doesn’t have to be super frequent, but at least it’s consistent and you won’t have to worry about it as much.

Of course, making a few videos ahead is easier said than done.

Thanks for giving me that perspective. A video every 3 week’s or so actually doesn’t sound too bad, so thank you.

Best of luck to you too! It‘s great that you’re able to get into the flow and rhythm of your work after doing it for a bit. Also, all trains start out slow, but that’s the only way they can pick up speed. You got this!
You just need to get good at budgeting your time.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
20 sense January 1st not near as many as there should be considering I try to upload every week....lol

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm only at 11 as well, I should have done a few more by now, but I'm working on the quality, also a lot of my videos are during the giant pumpkin growing season here, and we are currently waiting for that to kick off in October.

Then it will get busier and I will be more consistent with the content.

Joey Mesa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
35 so far. I've been at it off and on for a few years, but this year has been the most quantity wise to date. I'd like to get the consistency dialed in a little better though. Something like twice a week on dedicated days.