How many videos do you need for monetization?

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a gaming channel so I need at least 1k views per day.
To obtain a Partnership, Yes or 750 with TGN not to get monetization.

When I launched my New Channel, I uploaded 1 video and was given the Monetization, so how did I get this, simple it doesn't relate to views or uploads it is given out by YT in Batches.

Also gaming channels should be very careful about using monetization on videos as only the Networks have the agreements, unless you have the FULL Written Permission for the Game Company to use the Monetization.

@Tarmack "You have according to usual marketing advertising research about 5-10 seconds to snag a viewer" - - - - This research is quite out as it is based upon the Actual Video Content, I have researched this quite a bit.

mrshinyshoes

Reaction score
ppl that get upset by ads need to chill and think about what life would be like if we didnt have the economy we have. would they rather be trading goats for chickens? they enjoy having their computer with their internet and going on youtube and watching videos, but they freak out about a little ad on the bottom of the screen. sheesh. (my opinion)
I agree as long as you don't put the pre roll adds on the video people don't mind, I mean we're so used to the adds popping up now who's going to give it a second thought apart from a troll looking for easy ammo :/

Reactions: retrotulip

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I agree as long as you don't put the pre roll adds on the video people don't mind, I mean we're so used to the adds popping up now who's going to give it a second thought apart from a troll looking for easy ammo :/
i agree i dont like the ads that play before the video. thats why i set my ads to the overlay on the bottom of the screen.

Tommy Damani

Keep it in my pants
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Provided your account has no legal issues and have been approved for monetization, any video can be monetized even before you make the video 'public'. I usually leave my videos on 'private' until it has been approved for monetization then i make it public and get revenue on all the views. My advice to everyone is to make sure you own all material used. With music, make sure it's copyright free or you have purchased a copyright free licence fir the music in question. A lot of good music can be purchased for around $30 and can be used on YouTube with monetization as apart of the licence agreement. Hope this information helps.