How many videos do you need for monetization?

LaVonte Dion

LDION
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just very curious, because its something that I need to do here soon. Thanks for the reply.

HotDangProductions

You can’t live your life on your deathbed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
I'm pretty sure you can do it as soon as you upload one video; if definitely doesn't take too long though because I started doing it when I only had two videos up with a total of 400 views or something like that.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
You don't need to do it soon, and honestly I would recommend against doing it. I tried some monetization and it's not a bad experiment to make sure your adsense works, but all you're going to do is drive people away when you don't have the fame/subscribers to still keep higher views. If you're only going to make 10 cents in a month worth of views, there's no point in putting ads because you risk people leaving early where without the ads they may have stuck around.

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
You don't need to do it soon, and honestly I would recommend against doing it. I tried some monetization and it's not a bad experiment to make sure your adsense works, but all you're going to do is drive people away when you don't have the fame/subscribers to still keep higher views. If you're only going to make 10 cents in a month worth of views, there's no point in putting ads because you risk people leaving early where without the ads they may have stuck around.
u really think having ads will make people not watch your videos? i have ads but i chose to have the overlay in the video, not the one that plays before the video, cause i figured those are less annoying. do you think that even that will straight up cause people to not watch your videos at all?

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
You have according to usual marketing advertising research about 5-10 seconds to snag a viewer. Ads do upset some people and you can lose viewers. Even established channels get guff when they start to run ads after not having done so before.

TheBoredMiners

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm, this is definitely making me think more about monetization, haha; I know that my mind was on the subject, because of a few popular videos that we have, but reading this is making me think twice about it. Thanks :)
-Sergeantmolt, Bored Miner

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
ppl that get upset by ads need to chill and think about what life would be like if we didnt have the economy we have. would they rather be trading goats for chickens? they enjoy having their computer with their internet and going on youtube and watching videos, but they freak out about a little ad on the bottom of the screen. sheesh. (my opinion)

Sam Souza

MrOParadoxx (Commentator)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm a gaming channel so I need at least 1k views per day.