How Many Video Uploads Before Starting an Adwords for Video Campaign?

SimplyAlexTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
haha yeah i guess the kids are having fun :) i don't know why there are so many people that are against "kid videos" in general. as long as the kids are doing it on their own and are having fun i cannot see anything bad about it.

yeah i've always struggled with camera and lighting, thats why i'm happy to be able to use desktop captured footage :) the technical part of editing and effects is much easier for me :)

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
this is quite a interesting topic you guys have going here. as for the adwords, does anyone know if adwords views are counted towards the new 10.000 view minimum for monitazation?
What's this?

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Is this for all or just for new channels?

SimplyAlexTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
afaik thats for all channels now!
my channel was created before that change and my revenue stopped at that day

Reaction score
Welcome!

and unless you have thousands of dollars to spend, .

My first post!

Hi, this caught my attention. Could you elaborate on "spending thousands..." what would someone spend that on and how would it benefit their growth. I done a quick search on "Adwords" on the forum and came across you post that read:

Well, of course things would dip down pretty badly at this moment as I'm still a starting channel. Adsense for me is just a way of trying to jumpstart my youtube career, trying to elevate my channel over the other tens of thousands of kids channels starting up. The competition is so huge that without any sort of promotion, your progress is going to be very slow to get noticed and you might not hit anything on search (only some longtail search hits) without gaining some authority.
Secondly, it does bring me real solid subscribers (people without videos or a channel) which all helps to jumpstart more quickly.
Thirdly, I believe that from a psychological perspective people are more inclined to watch you if they see that the video hit at least over a few thousand views.
It seems as thought your post was sometime last year - around the same time you started your channel (?). My question is (if I may), do you think you would of reached the views and subs that you have now if you didn't take the adwords route?

P.s LOVE YOUR CHANNEL.

Last edited:
Reactions: wickisworld

HoeLeeFuQQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YouTube changed this a few days ago:
wow i made my channel probably a week before that went into effect,i still can monetize my content, but wow. some people think it sucks but really 10k views is like $20 on revenue and that doesn't even go to you since YouTube has a $100 threshold, so people your no missing out on much, yes it will take a bit to make 10k views but for $20 buck i think you will be ok :) lol