How many social medias should I have at once?

How many do you have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameCable

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My sister has like 100 apps & websites/social medias connected to her account. Is having a lot of social medias a good idea and how many should you have at once.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on how many you want and also depends on your audience what to do they use

eroM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You get to a point where managing all of those individual accounts on top of your YouTube content will start to weigh you down. Pick a few important ones and just drive those.

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Instagram and Facebook is all you needs. Having a lot of social media accounts is useless if you are not active in all of them. Best to focus just 2 or 3 maximum. However these two juggernaut could help a lot in terms of business and video views. Reddit is another alternative choice but be careful in what you posted.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't need social media if you put up good content that people want to watch.

I've never used social media, never will, and never intend to.

If you think SM will make your channel, then you have a lot to learn.

Total waste of time.

AnswersRule

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I created social media accounts on all major social medias but I don't use them currently. I won't until a certain amount of likes/follows/etc. this way I address that I am ready to go but until I get a certain amount of engagement I won't need to post. I do use instagram because it is content that is easy to make and can be shared easier, but for right now no. In the future I will open up to FB and Twitter and Reddit but only when my audience is engaged enough to.

As for you, I think you should use each social media but don't use it if you have no audience or good content to post there. It's good to find one platform, including YouTube, to grow your audience and then transition them to other sites when you have a solid amount. There's an instagrammer named FruityPoppin and she grew her audience to millions from IG and then used IG to start a YouTube channel with now over 500k subs last time I checked. It can work like this too.

Last edited:

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
look up programs that can post in major social media post at once, that is the answer you are looking for.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Outside of YouTube, no more than 3. The quality and consistency of what you post will deteriorate otherwise.

Example, I'm on Youtube, Facebook, twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. But that's too much so in reality, I'm engaged on LinkedIn and Twitter, that's it. My Instagram and Facebook are pretty much dormant.

Pick 2 main ones as a start. Remember, depth beats width every time![DOUBLEPOST=1539730474,1539730294][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't need social media if you put up good content that people want to watch.

I've never used social media, never will, and never intend to.

If you think SM will make your channel, then you have a lot to learn.

Total waste of time.
Totally disagree mate. LinkedIn is where all my subscriber growth is coming from.

I've built 20k connections on there and they are moving across. Also, Twitter conversations have too!