How many people actually use a script for their videos?

I don't write a full out script. I just write down the key points of the video and the description of my video then go off that and say whatever it is I feel needs to be said. It keeps me organized and doesn't put pressure on me to say any specific lines so I almost never mess up and even if I do mess up it's not a problem at all :)
xoxo Kaitlyn

Occasionally if I have a number of things to say, I put bullet points. I think you should start with that and not do word for word unless what you're doing requires that.

Honestly, I never use a script. I feel way more natural not worrying about making sure I hit all my points. I know in my head ahead of time what I want and just run with it. I will usually do a "dry run" so to say and then tweak what I want it be from there. Scripts distract me from being ME. Hope that helps :)

Personally, I don't script a word of mine, but that's because I find that if I rehearse or say pre-prepared lines, I sound stiff, as if I'm reading off an auto-cue, I just have a video idea for a comedy, rant or sketch, turn on the camera and just roll with it, what comes out my mouth goes :D What you see in my videos was off the top of my head comedy, but that's what my viewers like so ^_^

I do satire/dark comedy videos and I always write scripts for my jokes. I've had some of my friends tell me to just do improv and I always tell them as far as improv goes, I want my content to be quality content, not "take-a-risk-and-see-if-it-comes-out-funny" content. I spent days and nights writing my material so my video would flow smoothly and I get my punchlines ready.

For review videos i would highly recommend at least a bullet point list, but personally i would use a entirely written script, word by word. This way you will get the delivery you want, the structure you want, the topics you want. It´s just the safest way to get a video of high quality. For Vlogs on the other hand a script would hinder you.
I do comedic comics, so a script is lethal for me, as timing is escential. Just try with bullet points and with a full script, but i personally would always choose the script.

I use a script every time, but the type of videos I'm posting is partly the reason for that. Sometimes I will adlib if during recording something sounds weird out loud, but usually I pretty strict with what I say, because that makes it really easy to use the script to post closed captions with my videos.

Back