Vlog How many Oregon vloggers do we have out there?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

twigboy16

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guess I'm just supposing that those of you who are reading this are from Oregon!!! Hey whats up i am curious to what part of Oregon you are located if you would like we could make a collaboration video where we meet up with other vloggers throughout the state and make fools out of our self's and help promote each others videos:) We could make some videos of some sort of challenge or prank that everyone could do. I think that sounds like a super great idea and can really help out the YouTube community and those of us who need a jump start on our YouTube channels:) as long as people are up for it:)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED you should leave a message below about your location and idea for any video you want to create with other people:D

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I always imagine Portland is one of those "pseudo cities" as in it's big, but nothing ever happens and nobody wants to go there. How accurate would you say that is?
Well I've only been living in Portland for a year and a half, so to me it's still pretty new. I used to live on the other side of the state lol.

Compared to the rest of Oregon, I feel like Portland is where a lot of things happen. It's the biggest city in Oregon by a long shot haha. A lot of concerts, and other events happen here. I think if you live in Oregon, then you'd probably want to go. I remember before I lived here I wanted to go to Portland all the time. I think if you live somewhere else, it may not be all appealing to go here. There's more things happening in Seattle, or LA than in Portland.

Plus Portland is pretty weird. We're pretty different than other city's haha.

I love Portland. It's big, but not too big. There's a lot of things happening (maybe it seems like that for me because I'm still new). I don't think id live anywhere else :3

Reactions: twigboy16

Jenny Lynne

"To live would be an awfully big adventure"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Portland! :-D[DOUBLEPOST=1398211724,1398199851][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm just outside of Portland.
I live in St. Helens
I live in Portland :)

So I know this post started awhile ago, but I am totally down to meet up in a park or something. We can do some fun challenges, or even just have a getting to know you type deal. ex: card games, disk golf, order a giant pizza, go bowling, etc. Then we can chat about what we want to do, where we want our channels to go, and figure out how we can help each other.

For those who are doing vloging, sometimes it just having something interesting to do that you can vlog about, so getting together a group that does things together could be tons of fun. :)

I am usually available all day Mon-Thurs[DOUBLEPOST=1398213255][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm just outside of Portland.
wow! I just watched (and subed) your real life paranormal activity! Great job there! That was quite suspenseful. Keep it coming!

Ryan CG

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Jenny Lynne
I haven't actually started uploading videos yet (camera issues among other things) but hopefully I will be in not too long. I would love to have a Portland YTT meetup some time! Especially if you make some tasty food. Yes. All the food.

I'm a little unclear on what actually makes someone a "vlogger" as opposed to just a "YouTuber" or what. I don't plan on doing the daily Vlog thing where you carry your camera around and talk about your life, but I'll be talkin' at a camera... But I will be doing some challengey/taggy things, so I probably (once I actually publish anything) qualify. :)

Reactions: Jenny Lynne

Jenny Lynne

"To live would be an awfully big adventure"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Jenny Lynne
I haven't actually started uploading videos yet (camera issues among other things) but hopefully I will be in not too long. I would love to have a Portland YTT meetup some time! Especially if you make some tasty food. Yes. All the food.

I'm a little unclear on what actually makes someone a "vlogger" as opposed to just a "YouTuber" or what. I don't plan on doing the daily Vlog thing where you carry your camera around and talk about your life, but I'll be talkin' at a camera... But I will be doing some challengey/taggy things, so I probably (once I actually publish anything) qualify. :)
Hello Ryan! Vlogging is short for video logging. It's the video version of bloging, onling journaling with the intention of sharing it with the public. :) tags and challenges are pretty common for vloggers. :)

So do you have a specific genra you want to get into? Get started on it! No better time than now! :D

Thankyou for the sub, by the way! And a meetup soon would be awesome. We need to get some more people interested. :)

Are there specific days that are usually good for you? I generally have Monday through Thursday afternoon off, depending on what days I'm shooting.

Ryan CG

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Ryan! Vlogging is short for video logging. It's the video version of bloging, onling journaling with the intention of sharing it with the public. :) tags and challenges are pretty common for vloggers. :)

So do you have a specific genra you want to get into? Get started on it! No better time than now! :D

Thankyou for the sub, by the way! And a meetup soon would be awesome. We need to get some more people interested. :)

Are there specific days that are usually good for you? I generally have Monday through Thursday afternoon off, depending on what days I'm shooting.
The plan is essentially to have 5 different video types:
Manly Mondays (anything that relates to sex/gender/relationships)
Tuesday Booze-day (videos that relate to, well, booze)
World Wide Wednesday (internet stuff, including tags and challenges, Q&As)
Thursday Nerds-day (videos that relate to nerd/pop culture)
Fact/Fiction Friday (vaguely educational videos)

I've shot and edited a few videos but decided my camera definitely needed an upgrade... but when the $800 upgrade arrived it was just as bad as the previous $90 cam, so I'm seeing if I can return it and just purchase a DSLR. :)

And I've got the same days off, pretty much! Monday-Friday.

I've actually been subbed to your stuff for awhile under a different account. :) It's been fun seeing/commenting on your stuff! Kevin and Sunshine/Paige's stuff too. Yay for Oregon/Portland tubers!

Status
Not open for further replies.