How many of your videos survived the Youtube AgeGate filter?

SephiZack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can't see any of my videos in restricted mode and it doesn't make sense. I can understand restricting a couple of them, but most of my videos should be family friendly (I don't swear and in half my videos I don't even speak). I wonder if they get restricted based on the PEGI rating of the game

Reactions: wasabiroots

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I think all mine survived but I don't know if im doing it wrong since im logged in and then going to my channel vids.
is that right?

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am a gaming channel and i curse a lot. Most of my videos survived though it looks like. Out of the 250 or so videos I've upload about 200 survived the cut. I am actually very surprised. I guess YouTube likes me or something because I do not censor my language when recording in the slightest.
It is weird though. It kind of picks and chooses my videos. I have a series and it only took bits out of the series to limit. weird.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's AgeGates? Lol never heard of it

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Why would anyone want to use restricted mode? :S
I actually didn't know about restricted mode but I think it's great! Cuts out so much junk I'd never want to watch anyway and will hopefully maybe, make YouTube a cleaner place !

By the way. Is agegate the real name? Or just using the game suffix like it's a scandal, similar to whitewater gate?

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
14 out of 21. Hmm. I don't cuss much and when I do I have it bleeped. I guess it's the adult content of some of the games? It got rid of tattletail, guts and glory, reigns, and panty party lol.

SkidRowTrash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
80% or so of my 690+ videos have been restricted. I'm 100% sure it's for "swearing"

I don't make any real life videos, don't anything controversial, don't use bad tags titles or descriptions etc etc. I do "swear" in my videos though. From the looks of it YouTube scans your video transcripts and if you use any of the words that YouTube discriminates against your video gets restricted.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think all of mine have passed, which I think makes sense it's mostly just instrumental stuff lol. But I'm wondering who this restricted thing is supposed to be targeting? There's the kids app for kids...so is this restricted switch thingy supposed to be more for teenagers?

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
From looking around, apparently people are starting to realise this whole thing coz of some LGBTQ videos not showing up and people are like, "this is unfair for drowning out their views" which actually, almost everyone is affected as well. The thing is, I wonder when the videos without an obvious age-restriction started getting hidden? Hmm? Or has it always been like that?

I think all mine survived but I don't know if im doing it wrong since im logged in and then going to my channel vids.
is that right?
Yes it works with or without being logged in.

Is agegate the real name?
Yes that's just what people are calling it haha~

I wonder if they get restricted based on the PEGI rating of the game
That's actually a possibility, since its already rated a certain way, the algorithm knows that the video is not suitable for all. I have a friend who does Tekken videos with little to no swearing in them and yep they're mostly restricted.

There's the kids app for kids...so is this restricted switch thingy supposed to be more for teenagers?
Definitely for kids still under heavy parental supervisions. Which means 13 and below? The kid apps (I'm assuming) is mostly used by toddlers for now?