How many mistakes do you make when recording?

Grant Casual

Future Famous Vlogger Without Big Hair
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Comedian
Dude i make mistakes ALL THE TIME! Yeah, i totally agree, Alex Day really did that? That is usually how different mine is. I usually, if i can't get the words right, say it a few times so i can pick the best one out of the set or combine good-bad ones with bad-good ones! hope this helps!

AnjiewithaJay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
My latest video is only about 2 mins long but the unedited footage is about 45 mins with a lot of repetition, me stumbling over words and just staring into space or telling myself off for not saying anything.

It's completely normal to make mistakes, that's what editing is there for :)

YellowGT0

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I stumble all the time, when I want to edit I wave my hand at the camera wait 3 seconds and start talking. It makes it easier to edit out at the end.

AnjiewithaJay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
I stumble all the time, when I want to edit I wave my hand at the camera wait 3 seconds and start talking. It makes it easier to edit out at the end.
Actually, that's a good tip. It's kind of trial and error when I try to edit.

Bayon

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
"Everybody has those days. Everybody makes mistakes" - Miley Cyrus. (Yes, I went there)

Kensterrr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Out of habit, I tend to start sentences with "uh" or introduce new ideas with "so". If I find myself doing it too much, or I just don't want it in, I'll pause for a moment, reorganize what I want to say, and consciously think about not using those words.

There are also times where I stumble over my words. I'm sure everyone has. When that happens, I pretty much do the same as above.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It takes me 3-5 takes of my introductory segment just to get it right. That part is very important because that's the hook to get people to stick around and watch the video. Afterwords, unless I really stumble, I keep the video recording. I try to use as few cuts as possible and prefer a more natural presentation. If I make a mistake, I acknowledge it and keep moving. I prefer to have the 'regular guy' feel. Now if I notice during editing that I said something wrong, most of the time I will just impose text to correct the statement.

Keep it simple, less time spent shooting and editing =)

KBsVlog

A Family Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Even talking about the topic of the day on the days its time for me to film. I tend to mess up within the first few seconds of filming. Then i have to start all over, but mistakes are gonna happen to not just myself but others also. We all make them, were all human. But practice does make perfect and remember, theres editing that takes out most of the mistakes you make.[DOUBLEPOST=1373311862,1373311778][/DOUBLEPOST]
Out of habit, I tend to start sentences with "uh" or introduce new ideas with "so". If I find myself doing it too much, or I just don't want it in, I'll pause for a moment, reorganize what I want to say, and consciously think about not using those words.

There are also times where I stumble over my words. I'm sure everyone has. When that happens, I pretty much do the same as above.
I tend to say, "you know" or "but uhhh" a lot an i hate it. Lot of the times i get away with edit some out so its like the mistake never existed. You know? lol haha