How many copyright claims lead to a strike

MaxTheLevel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, just wondering how many copyright claims lead to a strike or it doesn't at all...

Thanks! :D

ShaunM

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Never had one but I'm guessing it's one for one if you aren't able to successfully contest it.

Reactions: MaxTheLevel

MaxTheLevel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it depends, I used to have many copyright claims on my videos but they just put ads on it.
Thanks, never knew they did that?[DOUBLEPOST=1411747611,1411747577][/DOUBLEPOST]
Never had one but I'm guessing it's one for one if you aren't able to successfully contest it.
I might have to start using copyright free music now.

ShaunM

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I thought if you got flagged for audio then YouTube disabled the sound track for the video and you receive a strike.

Reactions: MaxTheLevel

MaxTheLevel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I thought if you got flagged for audio then YouTube disabled the sound track for the video and you receive a strike.
Wow, have not had that happen to me before, seems a bit overboard O_O

ShaunM

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Mate, you have to realize YouTube is a business...the google display network that most people use to make money with on YouTube makes Google ALOT of money. In the first three month of this year Google confirmed they had made almost $60 Billion!!!!

A fair share of that will be from the Display network. If that was my baby to look after I would be as harsh as they are if not harsher.