How many Channels should I have

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Just wondering if I should have many different channels for what I put up. I have a business channel for my work and a personal Chanel. On my personal channel I have a lot of different things where I could probably make different themed channels. But If I do this I won't have many videos per chanel. What do you think? Just keep lumping all my random stuff together?

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think you're good with just one for personal and one for business. I would just add sections to your channel home page on each. That way you keep everyone in one place.

I've heard of picking a niche and then staying within "six degrees of separation". That way your content is somewhat relevant to all of your subscribers.

Reactions: Farley Productions

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I suppose it depends on the channel. If all your random videos are not drastically different or business related then I would just keep it on one.
For example my channel is about Film & Visual Arts. Which Video Games, Movies, Posters, Photography, etc is part of that visual art. That is what we love and appreciate.

But if your channel would to have, Toys for Kids, Horror Movies for Adults (like reviews) and then Make Up. Those are quite drastically different and I'd keep them on separate channels. Since they all appeal to different audiences.

Hope that helps. =]

Reactions: Roman Ryder

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the channel. If all your random videos are not drastically different or business related then I would just keep it on one.
For example my channel is about Film & Visual Arts. Which Video Games, Movies, Posters, Photography, etc is part of that visual art. That is what we love and appreciate.

But if your channel would to have, Toys for Kids, Horror Movies for Adults (like reviews) and then Make Up. Those are quite drastically different and I'd keep them on separate channels. Since they all appeal to different audiences.

Hope that helps. =]
Thanks, that does help. On my personal I have sailing, Skiing, and family stuff. I just don't have enough of each to make separate channels.

Reactions: Farley Productions