How long would you say it takes you to edit an average video?

Camskiez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say it takes me about 15 hours to edit mine. I put a lot of editing into my videos which are gaming/comedy based.
Its a huge amount of time for a video that's under five minutes but I think the end result is worth it.

I usually add in real time captions that move along with the character of the person talking which is very time consuming but looks great. As well as adding transitions and all sorts of effects like in my most recent video in a game called rocket league the player I'm meant to versing in a 1v1 clash cars and end off driving together almost like were holding hands so I edited in a picture of a rainbow and made it 3D so that me and my opponent drive through the arching rainbow as a cartoon sun with sunglasses flies across the screen, with the intention of eliminating the competitiveness of the game in return for a laugh.

But I'm curious do I take a lot longer to edit my videos than the rest of you? And how long would your average video be?

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
15 hours???? MY GOODNESS THAT'S A LONG TIME...Ummm...I don't think I edit that long...I edited a video recently that took maybe 5 or 6, but 15 hours??? Wow...That's a long time... XD

Reactions: Camskiez

Camskiez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
15 hours???? MY GOODNESS THAT'S A LONG TIME...Ummm...I don't think I edit that long...I edited a video recently that took maybe 5 or 6, but 15 hours??? Wow...That's a long time... XD
Hahaha I thought it might be a bit more than most people.. if you take a look though you can see there's a lot that goes into (at least I hope you can see it!)

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It varies. Most of my content is vlogs. If I recorded with a purpose, then editing can be just a couple hours. But if I just turned on the camera and recorded a lot of random stuff, then it takes much longer because I am rewatching all that footage looking for interesting clips to scrape from it.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would say it takes me about 15 hours to edit mine. I put a lot of editing into my videos which are gaming/comedy based.
Its a huge amount of time for a video that's under five minutes but I think the end result is worth it.

I usually add in real time captions that move along with the character of the person talking which is very time consuming but looks great. As well as adding transitions and all sorts of effects like in my most recent video in a game called rocket league the player I'm meant to versing in a 1v1 clash cars and end off driving together almost like were holding hands so I edited in a picture of a rainbow and made it 3D so that me and my opponent drive through the arching rainbow as a cartoon sun with sunglasses flies across the screen, with the intention of eliminating the competitiveness of the game in return for a laugh.

But I'm curious do I take a lot longer to edit my videos than the rest of you? And how long would your average video be?
The longest I have was a ski video, I had to sort through a few days of footage to get the good parts and then throw in any effects and enhancements. I think that one took a few hours.

My normal dog videos generally take me under an hour since the ones that usually make it are continuous scenes so I don't have to cut a lot out. I just improve the lighting and color and some other random improvements and then a lot of times I'll throw in some slow motion and music. I rarely spend over an hour editing my videos. I think I've only spent over an hour and probably 5 videos total. Most of the times it's when I have a lot of footage to watch to pick the good parts.

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on how long it is to begin with

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hahaha I thought it might be a bit more than most people.. if you take a look though you can see there's a lot that goes into (at least I hope you can see it!)
See, here's the deal...The reason I spend so much time editing my videos is because I don't want people to get bored while watching my video, which I'm always afraid of. That's why most of the time I spend making videos is in the editing process. Plus, editing is my favorite thing to do! :D

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The 15 hours makes more sense once I watched the video lol. It's like a sovietwomble kinda highlight reel thing. That can take time. I usually spend like half an hour to an hour on editing to get sound levels and cuts right. But for your stuff that editing time makes a lot more sense.

Camskiez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The 15 hours makes more sense once I watched the video lol. It's like a sovietwomble kinda highlight reel thing. That can take time. I usually spend like half an hour to an hour on editing to get sound levels and cuts right. But for your stuff that editing time makes a lot more sense.
Whoa thats a huge compliment to me to say its like sovietwomble hes definitely a big inspiration to my videos! Thanks for the kind words

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't do any heavy editing with any of my videos so I'd say it takes about an hour or an hour and a half to edit one gameplay. I don't think I can sit in front of a computer, editing for 15 hours lol. Just 3 hours of nonstop use of computer and my eyes get extremely tired. What more if I had to do it for 15 hours :eeks: