How long should an Intro be?

Zaland Adams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
My intros are always 4-8 sec, if your just starting youtube your intros should be longer than 8 seconds! Anyone has any more thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My intros are always 4-8 sec, if your just starting youtube your intros should be longer than 8 seconds! Anyone has anyone has any more thoughts on this?
I would say the opposite, if you're a new channel and are trying to build up an audience you should get to the point of the video or put in a hook ASAP, a really long intro will just put people off. Also for any channel I would say 5 seconds is probably the maximum length an intro should be.

Zaland Adams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would say the opposite, if you're a new channel and are trying to build up an audience you should get to the point of the video or put in a hook ASAP, a really long intro will just put people off. Also for any channel I would say 5 seconds is probably the maximum length an intro should be.
Good Good

Reactions: Stike96

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started with a intro around 5 seconds but more recently have got rid of the intro completely and found it has improved audience retention

Reactions: Zaland Adams

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
When I first started my channel my intro was 21 seconds long. I quickly realised this was a terrible decision xD it meant anyone binge watching my videos would get an annoying and repetative theme tune blasted at them for way longer than they should, plus about 10 seconds of my 21 second intro was just filler...it added nothing to showing you what the video was about....I used those intros for the first 20-30 videos I made before swapping out in my latest season to a new intro thats about 10 seconds long (Or so) I'd say shorter is better but I'd focus less on how long it runs for and more on your brand identity. does your branding and logos stay on screen long enough for a prospective audience to get a feel for who you are and your style...obviously dont go mad. but its worth feeling out your intro as it's basically the first impression someone will get when they visit your channel :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use to have an intro when I first started making videos, I kept the intro for over A year and then I realized it was too long so I shortened, but a couple months later I get rid of the into all together. I would say keep the intro short maybe around 3-4 seconds because your audience isn’t going to keep watching a really long intro every single video and then they will click off before the actual video begins.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If anyone's intro is longer than 10 seconds I will not even watch the rest of the video, it's really obnoxious. I usually try to keep mine max 4 seconds.

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I say do what ever you choose, I have seen successful channels both with or without intros. I believe your success will depend mainly on your content.

theResidentPsychopath

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
rewards.webtalk.co
Channel Type
Gamer
Mine is simple and only a couple seconds long for branding. I was putting it in front of every video at one point, but in the middle of a series I decided only to put it on the first video of the series from then on. As a gaming channel, people just want the vids to flow from one to another.