How Long Should an Intro Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThatGeekyGuy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'll say around 10 seconds is the longest for an intro, unless it cant be cut down the 15/17 is the maximum.

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Anything above 5 seconds is too much in my opinion, unless you have like 30+ minutes video.

Blinkshot

Reaction score
3-5 seconds and no more then that unless it's something special and helps your brand recognition.

Reactions: Sk Jony

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think 15 or 10 sec intro best for channel presentation.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Between 5-7 secs is ideal.

Aegislasher

Leader of the GoudaEmpire
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess it depends on how long the intro is. I'm changing mine because who the heck wants to look at 10 seconds of floating 3d text with generic dubstep music.

Brice

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Your intros everything for view time, if it isn't the perfect length then your going to have less view time.

Know your the age of your subs, try to find the right age of your subscribers, if they are young keep the intro short and sweet so they don't get bored while if they are 20-40 you can make it longer.

What type of content are you creating? If your making an intro say today you will be learning this(shows an example) so users know what they are in for and know if they want to know how to make it so they arnt surfing through the whole video trying to find what it will look like in they end.

QuiteGoneJin

Letf Handed Red Headed Stepchild Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Agreed, 3-5 seconds should be on that list. One of the easiest early mistakes to avoid is a long intro.