How Long Should an Intro Be?

How Long Should an Intro Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jschlatt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a clean and simple 4-second intro modeled around the Gameboy Advance startup, with my name & a tagline that relates to the content. No one has complained about it being too long / obtrusive / etc.
I would suggest something like it, too - it's short and to the point, and doesn't have a loud dubstep / lens flare intro that 95% of the time makes me click away when I see it.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Less than 5 seconds, if at all.

Kryptonite

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with McCoob no longer then 5 seconds if you do decide to insert one!

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Personally, I don't like intros because it's kind of a waste of time (and I'll usually skip them at this point) but if you want to have an intro don't make it super long or else people are without a doubt going to click off your video.
Five seconds or less is probably the right amount, just to keep everyone's attention:happy:

Kairos Mom

Going Places!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually enjoy watching intros that are either cool, funny and very short or different each time I watch a vid, but they tell me a little about what I'm about to watch. I mostly watch beauty and comedy stuff, so maybe its different for gaming channels.

TheViralKing

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Over 10 seconds loses viewer attention so clearly less then that
preferably even less then 5 seconds as the first 10-30 seconds are what grasps someoens attention if 10-15 if those are already the intro then you've lost your chance there

JWL TV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
my new intro is about 8secs

mrarauzz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I dislike intros and any video with a ten second long intro I dismiss

CramBeats

Idiot who makes music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You could make a transparent intro thats 5-10 seconda long (with transparent i mean your logo and transparent background) and just put it on top of the first few seconds of your video (so your Video is basicly the background)
Thats a good solution for let's players i think because they can talk while the intro goes up.
Perfect for something like: welcome to another episode of.. :)
Just my.opinion tho lol

Reactions: Uri

Alina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have an issue with this myself and I'm trying to cut down to about 20-25 seconds anything longer is no good and I feel people do lose interest and just start skipping around which I don't want.