How Long is Your Outro?

iTempoTV Lee

"That guy"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Designer
I don't really think it matters as long as it isn't that long because most people on youtube skip the outro anyway or use the annotations in the outro between 3-9 seconds :D but i think 10-20 seconds is perfect :)

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to do it but it was such a hassle to put all the annotations right and for me it's only 20% of the viewers that watch to the end anyway.Maybe I should give it another try.
I see that you do 30 minute videos. Not very many viewers stick around to get to the end of a half hour video. My longer videos definitely have fewer clicks on end-cards. That being said, I still only get less than 200 clicks on a 5000 view video.

salar sharif

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm starting work on a unified outro/animated end slate for my episodes to help drive traffic to subscribe and check out other videos - but as I design it, I wanted to know - if you use one in your videos, how long do keep it on screen?

I fear 10 seconds may be too long, and 5 seconds may be too short.

What are your feelings about the outros you see on your favorite channels, and what do you think works best?
my ourtos are always an extra fun clip:) with dont forget to subscribe annotation

Abuhgayul

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mine is 4 seconds. However, my "outro" is simply a black screen with my youtube url and twitter, so it probably doesn't need to be as long as most peoples.

Pancake

Lonely Weirdo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
5 minutes or longer video: 15-25 seconds
Under 1 minute: No outro or 5 seconds
1-5 Minutes: 10-15 seconds

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Wow.. never thought of that. Not too long because we rarely review more than say... 3 games an episode (and if we do it's a trilogy so they'd be made by the same company anyways), nor do we rarely have THAT many people that it would take too long to mention them all. I guess the only credits that go longer than a minute are the ones that also include bloopers.

Insidific

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It usually varies if I'm talking over it, or I simply put some copyright free music at the end on the end slate

GamerhouseEU

Reaction score
Around 10 seconds, it contains the subscribe button and social media.

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Our outro is 13 seconds on average. You need to make sure that it not too long and interesting enough to keep your viewers around.
Considering YouTube rewards videos with higher watch time every second counts.
This is why youtubers hide clips after the outro