How Long is Your Outro?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm still using a 30-second outro but I will be swapping out a video from one of the quadrants with a subscribe button.

You tube wants us to link to playlists but I got my first comment today from somebody who prefers I link to specific videos.

CramBoom

Classy Science
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My outro is 8 seconds long. I used to have a 14 second outro, but my viewer retention wasn't as high, so I cut it in half and it seems to be doing better.

Birkendorf

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
what's your CTR on the links in your outros?
is it worth the time to set it up on every video?

I used to do it but it was such a hassle to put all the annotations right and for me it's only 20% of the viewers that watch to the end anyway.
Maybe I should give it another try.

Tipsy Tricks

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We just created an end card, and used 30s. We use it to play bloopers/random silly content from the same episode. We also have a small, silent preview of last week's episode rolling in the bottom right with a link.

Since bloopers are still new content (not just rehashing old clips from other episodes), I think we can get away with a longer outro like that.

Reactions: markkaz

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Since I'm incredibly lazy, I just used to put it on the timeline once, and then copy it, and for some reason it ended up being like, 17 seconds. So I left it at that. I figured the viewer doesn't have to stay for all 17 seconds, because the video will be done by then. I have no guilt, and I regret nothing.

skydieray

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I curently have a 10 seconds outro: youtu.be/jPWANRaOS18?t=18m20s
But I think it's way too short. I think that a 15-20 seconds outro is the best.
But the music you use also matters. here.