how long does it take you to make a good quality video?

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So video editing is a skill you build up over time. I takes me about 1 or 2 hours to make 2 - 4 mins clips on what I consider it "decent" im sure can be way better and of course me using a free editor im super limited lol.

curious how long it takes others to build a nice quality film

Gate of Theories

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As we upload 2 videos a week we have to edit quickly. So we can produce half decent 10 minute videos in a bout 4 hours. However if I was making a short film I would probably be editing it for 20+ hours for a 5 minute video.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It takes me a long time to get the clips, so around 2-3 hours for that, and then even longer to edit, around 8-10 hours for an average one of my videos, but some take longer, I just recently posted a video that took me 20+ hours to make total, which is pry one of my favorite videos on the channel.

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The video I've worked the longest one took me four days to do, not working non-stop the whole day mind you just probably a total of 16 hours of free time spent on a video. Getting the footage didn't take very long at all, probably only took me like half an hour. Finding all the pictures and stuff for the video I just count as editing time. That video came out to be 10 minutes 17 seconds. It's kinda disheartening to we working on something for like eight hours and then to look down and see you only have five minutes of video. But editing videos is fun for me so I guess I was blessed in that sense to feel like I'm not completely wasting my time. Hope that helped to answer your question. The video was also a videogame review so I imagine the type of content also has a pretty big effect on how long the video will actually last.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually spend around 1-2 hours getting to/back from locations. Editing usually takes somewhere from 2 - 5 hours depending on music choice and tempo. + Im pretty bad at it so far.

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
my videos are by no means good quality but i would say that editing is an hour or two hour long process! if i were to make something more in depth than just talking videos, it would probably take much longer.

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
There are so many variables that could go into any given video that Im not sure it's worth thinking about. A quality video could be filmed in one take sitting at a desk or it could be done over multiple days of filming in various locations under crazy filming conditions. It's like asking how long does it take to build a house. You got tiny home shacks, multi million mansions and a whole lot in between.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk