How long does it take you guys to make video

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Depends on the type of video.
If I'm on vacation for two weeks, a there is a lot of time to film, then transferring the files to the computer, watch through everything and pick the bes of them out and put them together. This can take several hours on several days. And I would say my editing is basic haha
If it's a video of things I did on just two days, it's a lot less work and I might be done within a few hours work on two days.

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
  1. Planning 30m-1hr
  2. Filming 2-3hr (depending if vlog or not)
  3. Editing 3-4hr
  4. Audio scripting / recording 30m
  5. Thumbnail / meta 30m

Total: approx~8 hours on average

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends on what kind of video i´m making! A vlog could take just 30mins, which I just shoot and upload.
Traveling could take from a day up to a week, depending on where I am, and how long i´m being at one place! I don´t usually edit the vlogs though!

Reactions: George Hudson

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't create gaming videos, I am a vlogger. So daily vloggs, take up to like a couple of hours to edit after a full day of filming, holiday vids can take all day depending on whole long the holiday was/how much footage I have. Sit down videos around an hour to film and edit.

Unanswered5s

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on the video and one can only assume it gets better / quicker with experience! My latest video that just released is a top 5 video. It took (roughly) 5/6 hours to make. Had to do research, script writing, voice recording, editing etc

Kingalbadire

Reaction score
For me it really depends on the video. If I am working on a League EDIT. Then It can take from 10-20 hours of gathering footage, then it comes to the editing which can take me up to 20-25 hours to make the right effects and sync stuff to the music. While with funny moments it can take about 5-6 hours of just gathering the gameplay and hope that there is some funny stuff that occurs. while the editing with that can take about 2-3 hours if I am putting a lot of effort into the video.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It’s hard to say as I have to do it in pieces around work and family. So I’d say 7-10 days. But if I could sit uninterrupted I’d say it’d take 10-15 hours for the whole thing

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I record in bulk so that I can better manage my time. though typically It takes me about 14-16 days to turn around 3 videos...though occasionally I can push that to 4 if the editing is fairly easy going and also occasionally some videos may become more demanding and as a result I can only make 2.

I usually spend a week just watching, researching and writing followed by a week of pretty much solid editing. :)

I do have an exception which is a sporadic show I do called VHS roulette. as I dont have to script those I basically just have to put an afternoon aside to watch through old tapes and I can pretty much shove out 3-4 of those videos over about a day or two (Rendering and final video length permitting)

BrandyKoopa

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i mostly take half a day cus iv got a super s****y PC

phayilgaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For editing it normally takes me around 2-4 hours. Depends on how much footage I have to cut down and edit!